Case - Airflow Question

Hi P
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

For dual GPUs, its recommended to use blower style cards. You are gonna have cards very close to each other and the upper card will lack air for cooling.

Airflow-wise single card will be fine. Dual cards... probably not that much. Seeing how close PSU shroud comes to single card, the bottom card would have almost as lacking airflow as top one.

6 minutes ago, Hi P said:

Would I be better off with a front mesh case?

Not. You are better off getting case without PSU shroud. Those who test cases say that shroud is bad for airflow. As you can add fans to bottom to provide more, with shroud you are taking off both bottom and bottom-front fans from GPU cooling case fans.

The NZXT H500 caught my attention but I was wondering, how is it in terms of airflow?

1.- Does it have enough airflow for a 3 Fan GPU and a dual fan CPU cooler?

2.- How about dual 3 Fan GPUs?

Thank you

1. Should be fine

2. Eeeh depends on the gpus. If you are going to put 2 very power hungry cards you could have a bad time.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

1. Should be fine

2. Eeeh depends on the gpus. If you are going to put 2 very power hungry cards you could have a bad time.

For dual GPUs, its recommended to use blower style cards. You are gonna have cards very close to each other and the upper card will lack air for cooling.

Airflow-wise single card will be fine. Dual cards... probably not that much. Seeing how close PSU shroud comes to single card, the bottom card would have almost as lacking airflow as top one.

6 minutes ago, Hi P said:

Not. You are better off getting case without PSU shroud. Those who test cases say that shroud is bad for airflow. As you can add fans to bottom to provide more, with shroud you are taking off both bottom and bottom-front fans from GPU cooling case fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

7 minutes ago, Hi P said:

@LoGiCalDrm Hmm, what about dual 3 Fan non-overclocked GPUs in a case without PSU shroud?

Top GPU will still have temp issues. Overclocking isn't the important part here. Its been well established that blower style cards (or full watercooled) work best for dual-GPU setups and top card will still have significantly higher temps than lower.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 minute ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Top GPU will still have temp issues.

Thank you, so if I go dual water cooled, does it matter if I have PSU shroud?

3 minutes ago, Hi P said:

Thank you, so if I go dual water cooled, does it matter if I have PSU shroud?

Nope. If you go with custom loop, your radiators will handle cooling. Shroud doesn't then matter as radiators aren't placed in way where having it or not would make difference. As if you want to have bottom mounted rad, you need to get case supporting such anyway.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@LoGiCalDrm Thank you

Sorry for going out topic, I hope you can answer two last questions:

1.- Does RTX 3 Fan cards outperform significantly a dual fan card? (I will begin with just one GPU)

2.- Is the PCB from the ZOTAC RTX 2080 Ti Gaming AMP a custom one? or reference? (their support haven't replied)

11 minutes ago, Hi P said:

@LoGiCalDrm Thank you

Sorry for going out topic, I hope you can answer two last questions:

1.- Does RTX 3 Fan cards outperform significantly a dual fan card? (I will begin with just one GPU)

2.- Is the PCB from the ZOTAC RTX 2080 Ti Gaming AMP a custom one? or reference? (their support haven't replied)

Someone if GPU section would answer better for this. I don't follow GPUs at all. My current is GTX780 Founders. The fan question is bit tough as it always is. With more fans you might gain noticeable decrease in temps, but it will be louder as well.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv