Intel® Graphics

I recently got a Dell Inspiron 7577  and i cant find it how to disable intel graphics in bios :/ i select my nvidia card in nvidia control panel but intel card is still used in some apps like when i run games gtx 1060 is at like 80% and intel graphics at 30ish

AFAIK, rather often in laptops, the internal display and display outputs are routed through the iGPU. So it's impossible to disable it.

5 minutes ago, Trapassnab said:

I recently got a Dell Inspiron 7577  and i cant find it how to disable intel graphics in bios :/ i select my nvidia card in nvidia control panel but intel card is still used in some apps like when i run games gtx 1060 is at like 80% and intel graphics at 30ish

You can't disable it in most laptops, the laptop uses this as a main GPU and the nvidia as a secondary, meaning when not running any programs, the laptop uses the Intel HD, when you turn on a game, it switches to the NVIDIA.

The reason you see Intel moving its usage, is the GAME is running on Nvidia, Windows Aero and other tasks are still likely using Intel.

Your 1060 dropping to 80% is likely a CPU IPC issue, or you haven't removed the standard laptop bloatware and its underperforming, or you have and the CPU just isn't capable of driving it to 100%.

Many factors exist that can sway all numbers....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

On 10/17/2018 at 10:39 PM, SkilledRebuilds said:

You can't disable it in most laptops, the laptop uses this as a main GPU and the nvidia as a secondary, meaning when not running any programs, the laptop uses the Intel HD, when you turn on a game, it switches to the NVIDIA.

The reason you see Intel moving its usage, is the GAME is running on Nvidia, Windows Aero and other tasks are still likely using Intel.

Your 1060 dropping to 80% is likely a CPU IPC issue, or you haven't removed the standard laptop bloatware and its underperforming, or you have and the CPU just isn't capable of driving it to 100%.

Many factors exist that can sway all numbers....

when i bought it it had ubuntu i installed w10 so i guess its just that cpu is too weak thanks :)