Need Urgent Help with Liquid Cooler.

Ok, my CPU has been overheating countless times while playing games. 

Skylake i7-6700K @ 4.0Ghz (Because its overheating, used to be able to overclock to 4.5Ghz)

CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i, Water Cooling, with 2x 140mm SP140L Fans

Thermal paste: CoolerMaster MasterGel Pro

MOBO: MSI Z170A GAMING M5

I have a Corsair 760T and A LOT of airflow.

My Cpu idles on 30-40. But when stressing it with cinebench instantly jumps to 85 degrees and then a few seconds later hit 99.

It is natural that the temps jump like that?

My Liquid Cooled 1080, when stress testing it, gradually climbs up to a max of 60.

What could it be? On my iCUE settings my radiator pump runs at 3200RPM.

I've also made sure that it has enough thermal paste and that is securely fastened.

Either youre not getting a good mount or your coolers pump is broken, probably the latter. 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I'm thinking broken pump if it's shooting to 99°C instantly. It's possible the motor has detached from the spinning component itself. That would explain why it's still reporting that it's spinning.

43 minutes ago, hotcoolfool11 said:

-

What fluid temperature does it report during testing?

Just now, For Science! said:

What fluid temperature does it report during testing?

On idle about 34 degrees. During testing temperature varies on the duration of the test. BUT I have been able to test it. When @ 80 degrees.The Radiator is at 48 degrees. This when it has ran for about 5 min. 

21 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I'm thinking broken pump if it's shooting to 99°C instantly. It's possible the motor has detached from the spinning component itself. That would explain why it's still reporting that it's spinning.

How do you suggest I check what the problem is?

Just now, hotcoolfool11 said:

On idle about 34 degrees. During testing temperature varies on the duration of the test. BUT I have been able to test it. When @ 80 degrees.The Radiator is at 48 degrees. This when it has ran for about 5 min. 

I am going to hypothesize that the pump is working (due to the rpm reading) and that the idle temperatures are okayish. If you could give any other indicators such as feeling vibrations in the tubes, or hopefully the two tubes are equally warm.

One thing I would try is to see if there is any possible airlock in the pump.  I don't know how the radiator is mounted, but either unmounting it and shaking it while the system is running, and also tilting the whole PC back and forth may move any air bubbles.

If the cooler is still under warranty, I would also consider contacing corsair about it since depending on what temperatures you were running routinely, you may have been suffering from evaporation/permeation of fluid.

Just now, hotcoolfool11 said:

How do you suggest I check what the problem is?

Probably the safest thing to try is install the cooler in a different computer and see if the same issue is present. If it does then the cooler has failed in some fashion. If it doesn't then we'll want to look at your PSU or CPU.

Just now, For Science! said:

I am going to hypothesize that the pump is working (due to the rpm reading) and that the idle temperatures are okayish. If you could give any other indicators such as feeling vibrations in the tubes, or hopefully the two tubes are equally warm.

One thing I would try is to see if there is any possible airlock in the pump.  I don't know how the radiator is mounted, but either unmounting it and shaking it while the system is running, and also tilting the whole PC back and forth may move any air bubbles.

If the cooler is still under warranty, I would also consider contacing corsair about it since depending on what temperatures you were running routinely, you may have been suffering from evaporation/permeation of fluid.

Only the one tube is really warm, other one is cold, Feels like ambient temp. I can feel a little bit of vibration. On my liquid cooled 1080 the tubes are equally very warm and i can feel them vibrating.

5 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Are both tubes supposed to be equally warm on my CPU cooler? Im not really a boffin when it comes to liquid cooling.

1 minute ago, hotcoolfool11 said:

Only the one tube is really warm, other one is cold, Feels like ambient temp. I can feel a little bit of vibration. On my liquid cooled 1080 the tubes are equally very warm and i can feel them vibrating.

I guess that is fairly conclusive for an underperforming pump that is still reporting an rpm for some reason. If shaking the system around to dislodge an airbubble doesnt work, then I would contact Corsair for an RMA request. Just for my interest, could you fill me in on some of these info:

- Where was the radiator mounted in the case, and which way was the tubing on (picture of system will be best)

- I assume the H115i is SATA powered, is this the case?

- How long did you run it before noticing these issues?

- When it was fine, what kind of temperatures (ideally, fluid temperature) did you have?

3 minutes ago, hotcoolfool11 said:

Are both tubes supposed to be equally warm on my CPU cooler? Im not really a boffin when it comes to liquid cooling.

Theoretically, if the pump is in good shape, even for AIOs the fluid should be moving fast enough through the system that there is very little temperature change between the input and output of the CPU block. This is because any one segment of fluid doesn't stay put in a given location long enough to heat up. Therefore a functionally liquid cooled system should gradually increase its temperature as a whole, and cool as a whole. If there is significant deltas between a waterblock, this is an indiciator that there is not enough flow.