Schiit stack re-established itself as the best value out there.

3 Minute Reviewer

The Magni 3 Modi 2 was already the best of all those things. I haven't heard the Modi 3 yet so hard to say if it is actually better than the 2 and 2U or not.

I got the Beringer uphoria um 2

I have my mic and my headphones (akg 612 pro) on it. the volume is more than comfortable. should I just stay with the um 2? or is it worth it to buy the stack?

If I had to speculate, my gut tells me the new modi 3 will perform well. The modi 2 and modi 2 uber had some issues; many were advising people to look toward the topping d30 instead. We just need to wait for some in depth reviews to confirm that it is competitive or superior.

30 minutes ago, an actual squirrel said:

If I had to speculate, my gut tells me the new modi 3 will perform well. The modi 2 and modi 2 uber had some issues; many were advising people to look toward the topping d30 instead. We just need to wait for some in depth reviews to confirm that it is competitive or superior.

D30 is shit. How many times do we have to tell you?

50 minutes ago, Technomancer__ said:

I got the Beringer uphoria um 2

I have my mic and my headphones (akg 612 pro) on it. the volume is more than comfortable. should I just stay with the um 2? or is it worth it to buy the stack?

The stack is certainly a major upgrade. The UM2 is not a DAC/Amp.

1 hour ago, an actual squirrel said:

And yet schiit had to design and release a new dac to deal with it.

No, they had to design and release a new dac because they always strive to make improvements.

They also included in depth measurements of the dac for the d30 people to look at though.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I suspect the (Modi3 + Magni3) will be one hell of a pairing. I’m off in the weeds, merrily playing with my Modi Multibit. I have no clue whether the multubit technology’s superior or not. Meh. I’m focussing on cleaning up my 16-bit audio files (re-ripping, polishing CD surfaces, cussing at scratches).