Part Recommendations for a New Builder

Psykik

I am looking to build a gaming pc for between $1200 and $1500 AUD. This would include monitor, but not other peripherals (OS, keyboard/mouse).

I was hoping for a 1060 build, with something like a 1600x or a i5 8400, but if you guys have other recommendations I am completely open to them as well.

I would mainly be playing games at 1080p like Warframe, COD, R6, RPG's (fallout, elder scrolls) and other similar games. 

This is a completely new build, so starting from scratch!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($199.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($88.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($235.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($85.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.50 @ Shopping Express) 
Video Card: XFX - Radeon RX 580 8GB GTS XXX ED Video Card  ($365.84 @ Amazon Australia) 
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H18 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($49.00 @ BudgetPC) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($65.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Monitor: ViewSonic - XG2401 23.6" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor  ($299.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Total: $1440.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-08-20 16:21 AEST+1000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

new nvidia gpus are coming out soon so you might want to wait

3 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

new nvidia gpus are coming out soon so you might want to wait

Its about a month or two untill the 2060 cards are released, but if he can wait that long id suggest doing so. However we dont know pricing yet, it could be a total shitfest for all i know

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Its about a month or two untill the 2060 cards are released, but if he can wait that long id suggest doing so. However we dont know pricing yet, it could be a total shitfest for all i know

maybe he can go for a rtx 2070? 

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

maybe he can go for a rtx 2070? 

If he can get a hold of what the cards are going ti cost, then shure. Not a terrible idea.

Again pricing, rumours are up and down on what the pricing is

From what I heard, the new 20 series are all going up a price bracket, so that would make the 2070 pretty expensive. When they come out, how much do you guys think the 10 series prices will drop by?

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

If he can get a hold of what the cards are going ti cost, then shure. Not a terrible idea.

Again pricing, rumours are up and down on what the pricing is

i just dont want him to buy now and then a month later realize that he could have gotten a 40% or something faster card. its true that it could be nothing but maybe the possibility is worth the wait idk its up to him to decide

So would you guys definitely recommend waiting for the new cards to come out before building?  

11 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

i just dont want him to buy now and then a month later realize that he could have gotten a 40% or something faster card. its true that it could be nothing but maybe the possibility is worth the wait idk its up to him to decide

He could get a HD 7850 or 7870 or R280 or 290x from the used market. Then he would have decent performace now and can sell the card again when he gets a new one

13 minutes ago, Psykik said:

So would you guys definitely recommend waiting for the new cards to come out before building?  

if i was building a pc i would wait. maybe you can just wait 10 days for the 2080 to come out and you can probably make some estimates on how the rest of the line up will cost and perform off of it

13 minutes ago, Psykik said:

Its more or less up to you, you can build now and or you can wait, get a slightly higher budget and maybe get a new card 

Ol boys got a mean EVGA 8800 GT great pricr

Screenshot_20180820-021806_Facebook.jpg

CPU: I7-7700k | GPU: GTX 1080Ti (Asus posieden) | RAM: 8Gb Corsair Dominator 3868mhz | Mobo: Asus Maximus VIII | PSU: ATTA 1000w | Storage: WD BLACK 256Gb M.2 / WD BLACK 2Tb | Case: NZXT Switch 180 Cooling: Custom Water Loop w/ XSPC