Portable Gaming Laptop

Hello all,

I am active duty military currently stationed in Korea. I have been attempting to put together a new gaming rig or aquire a laptop for some time now but have been delaying for various reasons. In any case, I now have both the ability and need to aquire a laptop within the next 48 hours, and potentially begin piecing togetether a desktop gaming rig. Due to my situation, I cannot have an exhorbitantly elaborate battlestation, nor am I even certain that it would be desirable to have one given the frequency of my movements. I am interested primarily in purchasing a gaming laptop with (and this is is the tricky part) minimal bulk and maximum battery life. I do not need to be gaming at 4k 144hz 1ms respond time etc, I am quite satisfied with FHD or QHD at max settings and 60+ FPS on AAA titles. As such, I have been considering the MSI GT65 Stealth Thin as my next laptop. I have been made aware of Nividia Optimus having a poor reputation on gameplay, and lacking G-Sync is a sad thing indeed. I would like to ask for any input on this device or similar alternatives you might suggest. I prefer 15" for portability but can certainly do 17" as required. Thinness is also preferred but again not a deal break. Cannot have a 2 hour battery life however, must last at least upwards of 6hrs during ordinary (non gaming) usage. Sager in particular has been interesting but I have not heard of any particularly good models along those lines from them. Will likely upgrade down the road to a the next version of the device when the next set of GPUs come into mainstream laptops and the artificially inflated prices decrease to a reasonable degree, thus a top-of-the-line package is not necesarry. i7-8750H, 16GB RAM, and 1070 Max-q are minimum standards, with a budget of $2500. As follows, I would like to find one that will retain a decent percentage of its value within a year of purchase in order to resell following upgrade. All input is appreciated.

MSI GS65VR would be a vailble option and it's portable.

"thus a top-of-the-line package is not necesarry. i7-8750H, 16GB RAM, and 1070 Max-q are minimum standards"

there is not much room in between...

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

2 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

MSI GS65VR would be a vailble option and it's portable.

"thus a top-of-the-line package is not necesarry. i7-8750H, 16GB RAM, and 1070 Max-q are minimum standards"

there is not much room in between...

Apologies. I should rephrase that.

1 minute ago, BSula99 said:

Apologies. I should rephrase that.

no worries but the laptop i presented does come close :P

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...