Headset Cable twisting

Transon
Go to solution Solved by EChondo,

When you pick up your headset, put it back down the same way.

When you pick it up, then flip it, and put it back down it slowly starts to twist. I'm guessing he does this, A LOT, and doesn't think twice about what he's doing.

Tell him to pick it up and put it down in the same manner.

Okay guys, I've made this thread for my friend who got this weird curse.. Every headset he's bought the cable twists. (G35, Siberia v2 and now Tiamat) So I'm wondering if any of you guys know how to solve this, we came to a solution on how to untwist them but they always twist back again. and yes its a curse because every headset is getting ruined and a 3 meter cable can twist into a 20 cm cable, just over the night!

Here is a picture of the Siberia V2;

post-52655-0-47212600-1388541673_thumb.j

Ghosts ?

You'll need a sleeved or flat cable.

Isn't the G35 kind of sleeved?

Ghosts ?

You'll need a sleeved or flat cable.

@Ghost dude stop tangling other people's stuff. 

Yeah, hit the nail on the head.

OP, Strip the cable and sleeve it with paracord. Helps a bunch. I think lutroo had a guide to flat cable sleeving somewhere....

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

When you pick up your headset, put it back down the same way.

When you pick it up, then flip it, and put it back down it slowly starts to twist. I'm guessing he does this, A LOT, and doesn't think twice about what he's doing.

Tell him to pick it up and put it down in the same manner.

Keep turning it until the cable untwists.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I use a hair tie for my headphones to keep it from tangling. 

uh wut , logic problem 

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

91wow, on 01 Jan 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

I use a hair tie for my headphones to keep it from tangling. 

i wanna know more on this method please. ;)

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

-snip-

You can't really blame him, he probably does it subconsciously without knowing what's happening.

I used to use Turtle Beach X12's, they would always get tangled, but after watching my habits I picked up on why it was tangling and now I always put my headphones on and off the same way each time, it's second nature to me now.

His friend just needs to be made aware of this is all.

You can't really blame him, he probably does it subconsciously without knowing what's happening.

A valid excuse for a facepalm. :)