is 300W hot air gun good for phone repair?

hello everyone,

iam trying to start a phone repair business, and iam wondering if a 300W - 300 degrees hot air gun is good for phone screen replacement ? i mean to heat the glue around the phone screen to be able to remove it.

any and all opinions are more than appreciated.

thank you all :)  

1 minute ago, AskTJ said:

Sure.

thing is when i was researching i found out that the best temperature for phone repair is between 80 to 100 degrees. but i found an excellent deal for a 300W fixed hot air gun and was wondering.  

1 hour ago, Pangea2017 said:

buy a sandbag and heat it in a oven

i want something professional....you know. not a sand bag although it works :P 

15 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

i want something professional....you know. not a sand bag although it works :P 

Get a heat gun like mine, it's 1300 watts I use it to completely strip pcb's. That will loosen adhesive in a jiffy

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

you dont need a heatgun a hair dryer will get hot enough to melt the adversive down (i worked in a phone shop doing repairs on samsung and iphones) 

#Murica(butinternational)parrotgang

2 hours ago, Alexsheff93 said:

you dont need a heatgun a hair dryer will get hot enough to melt the adversive down (i worked in a phone shop doing repairs on samsung and iphones) 

great, so that means that the 300W heat gun is good enough, right ? 

2 minutes ago, OCD-FREAK said:

great, so that means that the 300W heat gun is good enough, right ? 

If your adamant about using a heat gun i highly suggest your carefull with it as you can blow the battery up covering your self in battery acid or you could burn the screen.

Just now, Alexsheff93 said:

If your adamant about using a heat gun i highly suggest your carefull with it as you can blow the battery up covering your self in battery acid or you could burn the screen.

wow , really ? but if i use the heat gun on the screen for a short period of time since it's powerful, i should be safe, right ?

you need to be following the edges of the screen around the bezel using a tool to wedge under the glass slowly lifting it be careful with that process and if the screens cracked you'll need to replace the glass also as it will just shatter during removal depending how badly damaged it is, Holding the heat gun on it too long will either burn the screen or blow the battery up, this is why i suggest an hairdryer if your new to this

4 minutes ago, Alexsheff93 said:

you need to be following the edges of the screen around the bezel using a tool to wedge under the glass slowly lifting it be careful with that process and if the screens cracked you'll need to replace the glass also as it will just shatter during removal depending how badly damaged it is, Holding the heat gun on it too long will either burn the screen or blow the battery up, this is why i suggest an hairdryer if your new to this

but a hair dryer outputs nearly the same heat as a 300W heat gun , by the way since you work in phone repair, can you suggest me all the tools you can possibly think of to start a phone/tablet repair service please? try to list as much as you can :)  many thanks