Questions about radiators, reservoirs and pumps.

So, this is what I'm going to be watercooling.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xkTndX

And the case can support a 240mm rad on the front, a 280mm rad on the top and a 140mm rad on the back. The reason for the 2.5" HDDs is because I have to remove the hard drive cage if I go with a pump over a res/pump combo. I know I'll be watercooling both 970s with this full cover block and the 4690k (which will also be delidded) with this because it would accent well with the red heatsinks the board already has.

I guess my questions would be, just how many radiators should I get, what size of reservoir should I get and would it be better to get a pump and res separately or would a combo one would work just as well? This will be my first custom loop so I wanna do it right. All the fans will be Noctua NF-A14s for 140mm fans and NF-F12s for 120mm fans.

Edit: You can ask why SLI 970s with a 4690k whenever I do a build log for this computer. :U

Mabye get ssds instead of hard drives, there are some very good cheap ssds like the mx300 1.1 tb or the mushkin reactor ssd

Budget?

Just buy a txm

20 minutes ago, Troika said:

-SNIP-

For radiators since your doing a dual GPU and single CPU it would be recommended to have at the very least a quad 120mm setup so a 240mm and 280mm radiator will do quite well more doesn't hurt if your looking for silent cooling at load.

For the pump the standard go to is a D5 or DDC, as for the res it's up to you if you want to use a combo unit or separate it, the res size itself doesn't really matter.

One important thing to mention is your going to have difficulty finding places that still have that block as it's not made anymore, your best bet would be used or new old stock of the GTX 970 waterblocks. 

9 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

Mabye get ssds instead of hard drives, there are some very good cheap ssds like the mx300 1.1 tb or the mushkin reactor ssd

I'm not gonna pay for 2TB worth of SSD because its not cost effective, I don't have a budget for this but I'm not gonna spend an absurd amount of money on storage.

9 hours ago, W-L said:

For radiators since your doing a dual GPU and single CPU it would be recommended to have at the very least a quad 120mm setup so a 240mm and 280mm radiator will do quite well more doesn't hurt if your looking for silent cooling at load.

For the pump the standard go to is a D5 or DDC, as for the res it's up to you if you want to use a combo unit or separate it, the res size itself doesn't really matter.

One important thing to mention is your going to have difficulty finding places that still have that block as it's not made anymore, your best bet would be used or new old stock of the GTX 970 waterblocks. 

I would like a silent machine so I might just look at getting the maximum so a 140mm, a 240mm and a 280mm so I can still get the most amount of cooling.

I would go with something like a T-Virus res cause it looks cool but because of that plate that the res bolts onto, it wouldn't be visible. I'll prolly just go with this guy, seems like a good price and size and either of those pumps you mentioned, prolly the D5. I've heard good things about that one.

EK says they still have those full cover waterblocks in stock so I'll prolly buy those first just so it doesn't throw a wrench in my project. :) I get paid on Friday so I might start by ordering them after I pay my credit card bill.

I'm pretty excited for this build, its my first custom loop. Definitely gonna avoid hardline tubing for the moment, that'll be a challenge for another day. ^^