codeing for begginer advice?

patriciadiaz1919

kinda hard to  pick one   something in 2018 that not to old or to outdated as java/java script and python i heard allot of them and swift?

i like android as i have allot of them and kinda open source more then apple swift as i dont really own apple products home there kinda pricey as i dont know what to make?

is it easier and more fun working in gruop of new coding people or will it confuse each other more?

https://www.freecodecamp.org

https://www.codecademy.com/

https://www.codecademy.com/

i dont care free or paid version i just care there good enough and more?

is there any fun videos animations or games i like cartoony puzzles for computer science as allot kinda looks hard random letters symbols?

can i use any laptop intel 3 or intel 5 good enough

https://www.amazon.com/Manga-Guide-Microprocessors-Michio-Shibuya/dp/1593278179/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1531415695&sr=1-3-fkmr2&keywords=manga+guide+coding

https://www.amazon.com/Manga-Guide-Electricity-Kazuhiro-Fujitaki/dp/1593271972/ref=pd_sim_14_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1593271972&pd_rd_r=2b0033d5-85f7-11e8-94ad-0d6a86c107a2&pd_rd_w=qp60X&pd_rd_wg=hubwS&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=7967298517161621930&pf_rd_r=W1XXFC8GZJG0X01888PC&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=W1XXFC8GZJG0X01888PC

https://www.amazon.com/Python-Crash-Course-Hands-Project-Based/dp/1593276036/ref=pd_sim_14_64?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1593276036&pd_rd_r=2b0033d5-85f7-11e8-94ad-0d6a86c107a2&pd_rd_w=qp60X&pd_rd_wg=hubwS&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=7967298517161621930&pf_rd_r=W1XXFC8GZJG0X01888PC&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=W1XXFC8GZJG0X01888PC

Imo Python is a little easier to get started in. It is more plain language in the syntax and you don't need to compile anything.

There are also plenty of free resources to help you learn python and to give you a solid foundation. Once you have the basics down you can start learning a second or even third syntax. The concepts are all basically the same you just need to learn the syntax for new languages.

codeacademy is a good place to start. but only for learning syntax or just general tidbits. there is a premium but not sure if it's worth it

freecodecamp is a great resource. it's free, and introduces a lot of web dev concepts. it was updated recently as well so lots of new content to introduce the latest fads, like React 

a really nice intro is harvard CS50. it is a free course, you don't have to do the assignments. the lectures are very well-made and taught very passionately by David Malan https://www.edx.org/course/cs50s-introduction-computer-science-harvardx-cs50x

Pick a language, learn it and then learn to write clean reusable code. No one likes a hacked together project that is a nightmare to maintain. Also look into programming theories like OOP, KISS, DRY, Function Programming etc. these sorts of things are what separates to good programmers from the ok.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I like this guy's tutorials.  It mostly teaches through example so it's not super in-depth, but it's a good prep for a textbook.  You're dipping your toes, so to speak.

It's from 2011, but trust me this kind of stuff hardly goes out of date.

I'm a learn through example kind of person, so I love video tutorials, but there's also this primer book.
https://www.amazon.com/C-Primer-Plus-Developers-Library-ebook/dp/B005OR9MWQ/ref=zg_bs_9045760011_33?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=B6W0A5QTDQQWHJKFDZC3#customerReviews

You can "look inside" and see if that does it for you.

C++ or Java are the most common OOP languages to get started in, and make transitioning to other languages easier.  C++ is especially one of those languages you can take just about anywhere with you, and adapt what you learned there.

Python has a lot of practical uses and is a bit easier to grasp.  If you plan DIY/IOT projects it's really essential.  I don't think you should skip C++/Java for Python but I know some people have done it.

Visual Basic is good for quick app development if that's what you're interested in, but again, it's not as in-depth and mostly limited to Windows (without special compilers of some kind).  I think it's fun to learn though.

Then if you're interested in web development: JS/CSS/PHP

2 hours ago, patriciadiaz1919 said:

is there difference java or c+++

C++ is harder to learn if you want to use it well, and has some extra hurdles for some things (for example, you need to know about stack vs heap and how memory works before you can really fully learn inheritance and polymorphism while in java all the low level memory details are handled for you), but both are fine to start learning basics. The core syntax is very similar (both are considered "C-family languages"), so as long as you are trying to learn best practice then either one will server you well for learning general development.

Gaming build:

CPU: i7-7700k (5.0ghz, 1.312v)

GPU(s): Asus Strix 1080ti OC (~2063mhz)

Memory: 32GB (4x8) DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3000mhz

Motherboard: Asus Prime z270-AR

PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W

Cooler: Custom water loop (420mm rad + 360mm rad)

Case: Be quiet! Dark base pro 900 (silver)
Primary storage: Samsung 960 evo m.2 SSD (500gb)

Secondary storage: Samsung 850 evo SSD (250gb)

Server build:

OS: Ubuntu server 16.04 LTS (though will probably upgrade to 17.04 for better ryzen support)

CPU: Ryzen R7 1700x

Memory: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB

Motherboard: Asrock B350 m4 pro

PSU: Corsair CX550M

Cooler: Cooler master hyper 212 evo

Storage: 2TB WD Red x1, 128gb OCZ SSD for OS

Case: HAF 932 adv

SoloLearn and w3schools are good sites like codecademy. 

Once you learn some basic syntax, googling programming projects and just figuring out how to do it yourself is a good way to learn “real” programming. 

I hate to debate on which language is the best to start with. What I believe is that if you are really determined you can start with almost any language.

Remember if you start with a 'tough' language, it WILL take time to learn. It WILL make you angry sometimes. It WILL make you rethink you decision. But if you stay to your decision and give you 100%, you will learn it eventually and transitioning to other languages will be way(x100) easier.

You like Android? Dont directly jump to learn it. If you want to eventually learn Android, start with Java. After you are done with Java, learn Kotlin and THEN learn Android.

I don't see why one would not start programming on Mobile Devices. Android Studio is very well done. The project wizard will allow you to have something running on your phone within a day. Thats quite a motivation boost to have something up and running. Also Kotlin development for Android simplifies a lot of the little things. Since the UI is an xml description you need to reference in Java manually and Kotlin's DSL building capabilities allow you to reference UI elements just as objects I would argue its even simpler.

If you want to go the FancyPath don't forget Golang. Silicon Valley is full of it and that usually means it's going to conquer the world.

Besides the plain language: find someone to learn from. Young developers (relative to the years they program, not their age) tend to fiddle around on their own. It is an important part to learn to do experiments and do and achieve things by yourself but there is a danger that you learn a workaround - not how its meant to be - that knowledge usually comes with experience. So learn from experience. Younglings tend to hesitate if they are stuck with stupid issues. Being honest about it usually isn't an issue (if it is, look for another community).

So as hard as it is: go to meetups in your area (meetup.com is a great site for that) or participate at a code retreat to just pair with other developers. I do learn from anyone - apprentice or senior - not knowing should not prevent you from asking.

Then there a a lot of Code Katas around (programming exercises where a solution discussion is available). So you know if your thought process is correct with the ecosystem of the language you try to improve.

And as mentioned above. Just get it started. Practice is a big part of most things. I would suggest program something you like using. So if your other hobby is cooking, make a recipe application. Or you other hobby knitting - make a pattern manager. Because making something that is useful for yourself will keep the ideas coming.