steam link alternative?

so i want to play games from my pc on my tv and i heard that the steam link is a good option but i am slowly branching out to games that are not on steam so i was wondering is there a good alternative to that or is this impossible now?

Nvida shield, but only works if you have an nvida gpu :) pls mark as best answer if it helped lol.

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M

From my limited experience with the steam link you can play non-steam games on there by going into desktop mode, but it is clunky to say the least! I've had some friends buy the Nvidia sheild which they've had success with, and then using game-stream to stream from their PC. I've used Odroid Single Board computers in the past along with Moonlight game streaming to acheive a similar thing but for a bit less money and with a bit more flexibilty, but it is more of a DIY solution and will require some tinkering to get it to run well

ok so I see that the Nvidia thing could be a good option but I think that 200 bucks is a bit over my budget but I will look into it if anybody has some cheaper options i will gladly look into it

I think I will go with the desktop version of the link as it is only 2$ now

4 minutes ago, coolxm said:

ok so I see that the Nvidia thing could be a good option but I think that 200 bucks is a bit over my budget but I will look into it if anybody has some cheaper options i will gladly look into it

I think I will go with the desktop version of the link as it is only 2$ now

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @3.85Ghz, MotherBoard: Asus ROG Strix X370-F, RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB 3000Mhz

GPU: GALAX GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti EXOC White, Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White, Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB, PSU: Corsair CX650M