Random text messages from Uber

AskTJ

I have been receiving random text messages from Uber, saying Your Uber code is ****. I haven't requested a password reset, nor actually used Uber in the last year as I don't need it. I have reset my password to a more secure one and reported it to Uber. I have had several accounts compromised in the past couple of months including Facebook and Instagram, and I am taking every precaution I can. Whenever 2 factor authentication is available, it is enabled to my number. 

Is there anything I can do to secure my accounts as heavily as possible?

EDIT:

I am changing all account passwords right now to avoid any security breaches or hackers.

hi.

Different password for each website. (I know this will suck but its effective, maybe use Last Pass if you cant remember it)

Use phrases instead of one word/mix match of letters since theoretically it can be brute forced in seconds.

Use Two Factor Auth

Dont share passwords (duh) 

Thanks for letting us know, User.

Uber will sometimes send a verification code to secure your account. However, if you did not update your account information or sign in from a device prior to receiving the verification code, do not enter the code in the Uber app and reset your password here.

Hope this helps. Have a good day!

Email from Uber. I am installing Dashlane as I am writing.

hi.

2 hours ago, AskTJ said:

Email from Uber. I am installing Dashlane as I am writing.

Contact Uber support instead.