How many fans do i need?

Prokites

Hey guys, how many fans should i have when i have the corsair 570x case, dark rock 4 cpu air cooler, gtx 1080ti and i7 8700k, both slightly overclocked? Is 3x120mm fans, 2 intake in front and 1 exhaust in the back good enough for starters? I could get more (maximum is 2 top, 1 back and 3 front)

This video explains it great + it is a fun video to watch :) 

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

I think the conclusion was that 1x 120mm front + 1x120mm in the back gives great results. Add 1 more fan and things are getting just a little bit better. Adding more fans than 3 120mm did almost nothing for the temperatures. 

PC Specs: Intel Core i7-8700k - Asus ROG Z370 MAXIMUS X HERO - 2x8gb Kingston Predator DDR4 3200MHz - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti gaming X Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - Samsung 850 PRO 256gb - Samsung 850 EVO 500gb - Seagate Barracuda 2tb - Fractal Design Meshify C - Asus PCE-AC56 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 CM 700W.

Peripherals: Corsair K70 LUX - Steelseries Rival 310 - Dell S2417DG - Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro - Audioengine D1.

1 minute ago, partymarty said:

I think the conclusion was that 1x 120mm front + 1x120mm in the back gives great results. Add 1 more fan and things are getting just a little bit better. Adding more fans than 3 120mm did almost nothing for the temperatures. 

Alright thanks

8 minutes ago, partymarty said:

With that case, you might consider throwing a fourth fan in the bottom front, to push air through your hard drive cage. It isn't completely necessary, but it should keep them from getting to hot and potentially extend their lifetime a bit.

The most simplest setup will be 2 intakes in the front, and 1 exhaust in the back. The more the better.

hi.

I like my current setup which is 2x140 intake, 2x120 top out and 1x120 rear out.

And the front 140s run at about 70% speed and the 120s are all Arctic F12 Silents.

So instead of few fans at a higher RPM, all the fans at low RPM.

2 front intake and 1 rear exhaust is excellent.

If you would like specific recommendations, let us know where you're shopping / located and your budget.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.