Couple of ideas for videos ('Can you water-proof your phone' and an EMP tech quickie)

Vivisector

I was thinking, how viable would it be to make your phone completely water tight.. recharging could be done wirelessly of course.

Maybe this would make a good video, sponsored by i-fixit ?

Also how about a tech quickie while wearing a tinfoil hat, about what EMP actually does to electronics and how a doomsday prepper should shield their devices like a tablet.

I'd actually be interested in seeing the water tight project...

As for EMP, also very interesting, however If you can't wait, search for Faraday cages and the damage it could do if electronics is outside one on YT.

(Faraday cages being what protects the electronics against an EMP.

Good ideas :) 

I know about Faraday cages, also I guess microwave oven has one so that should protect anything inside.

But I'm wondering if that's actually enough against a solar flare or a proper big scale EMP.

Also I never understood how the electronics actually get affected, like in War of the Worlds -movie, even cars wouldn't start again.

Fair enough mate, i'm not an expert on the matter at all,

I just thought that, taking into consideration your request/idea, it would interest you.

Enjoy your day,

Cheers

For the solar flare, emp using a metal rubbish bin with a cardboard box inside to hold the electronics will work. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

1 hour ago, Vivisector said:

Also how about a tech quickie while wearing a tinfoil hat

Even for this alone I would watch the episode :-D

-= LOCKED =-

There are currently a few official suggestion threads that you can post in that LMG Staff visit for member ideas.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER