Did PS4 kill my TV?

exploder

Ya, as ridiculous and/or irrational as the question might seem, the situation is that yesterday i bought a new PS4 and connected it to the second HDMI port on my TV (i only have my PC and PS4 connected to it) and everything was working fine until today, when using the computer, the TV screen began to flicker in between the image and solid black until its current state in which there is a permanent black screen with a flicker of what should actually appear every 1 minute or so. I moved the TV and tried it in two other electrical outlets to no avail and i should also point out that the PS4 was connected to a different power outlet than the TV when this happened. Pure coincidence and it is time for this 7 year old TV to bow out or did the PS4 have something to do with it? Incredible turn of events for me. 

14 minutes ago, exploder said:

Ya, as ridiculous and/or irrational as the question might seem, the situation is that yesterday i bought a new PS4 and connected it to the second HDMI port on my TV (i only have my PC and PS4 connected to it) and everything was working fine until today, when using the computer, the TV screen began to flicker in between the image and solid black until its current state in which there is a permanent black screen with a flicker of what should actually appear every 1 minute or so. I moved the TV and tried it in two other electrical outlets to no avail and i should also point out that the PS4 was connected to a different power outlet than the TV when this happened. Pure coincidence and it is time for this 7 year old TV to bow out or did the PS4 have something to do with it? Incredible turn of events for me. 

So the PC was being displayed on screen, not the PS4?

For a 7 year old TV, I think it just died on it's own. If anything, your PC is likely the only other culprit, not the PS4.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

31 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

So the PC was being displayed on screen, not the PS4?

For a 7 year old TV, I think it just died on it's own. If anything, your PC is likely the only other culprit, not the PS4.

Yep, i was on Youtube on the PC when this happened. 

3 hours ago, exploder said:

Yep, i was on Youtube on the PC when this happened. 

Yeah. It was a coincidence. Your TV probably popped a cap or something. The chances that the PC or the PS4 were at fault are next to zero.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)