Which Language I should learn first.

Which Language should I prefer to learn first as a beginner in coding.  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which Language should I prefer to learn first as a beginner in coding.

On 9.6.2018 at 3:15 PM, Utkarsh_srivasta09 said:

Which computer language should I go with as a beginner in coding. 

No info on what you want to do with it, no proper answer to your question.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

On 09/06/2018 at 2:29 PM, ONOTech said:

Personally, I'd say any of them but JavaScript. Its syntax is just...ugh. 

JavaScript syntax is not far from most higher level languages such as java and c# and if you dislike it that much you could always just write in type script.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I’m voting C++ as it teaches a lot that exists in and under many languages. 

Unless you’re becoming a web developer, I think C++ is pretty good. If you’re planning on web programming, skip C++. Learn HTML, CSS & JavaScript. 

Python or JavaScript, simply because it's easier to set up the environment to get going. JavaScript especially since you can literally get going from your web browser.

I'd rather a beginner learn the basic concepts of programming rather than just learn a language. If you don't grasp the basics, then it'll be harder to switch to another language.

If you learn C++ first, you'll not only have to learn the language (which is vast compared to most), but you'll have to learn how the preprocessor, compiler, and linker all work as well. Additionally you're managing memory on your own, you don't have garbage collection or any of that stuff.

For that reason I'd choose python, sometimes it is harder to debug javascript as well even though it's just as easy to write and test with. Once you learn control flows and logical statements and code structure you'll be able to easily grasp other concepts and progress from there.

And Java, ugh... I'm biased but I'd probably substitute that with C# if you wanted to learn the equivalent.

Just with any object orientated language. Learning C++ or Java would give you a nice 'head start' when learning any other language(solely speaking from personal experience). Obviously it is relatively to python, it is pretty much  'difficult' for the first time.

I suggest you C++ learning site that I used for over a year to learn. learncpp

If you go the 'easy' way, sure go for Python. Its a great great language as well. But if you want the 'hard' way, C++ or Java will do the job

What about if I want some hacking thingy, what programming language I should use?

10 hours ago, marviekooo said:

What about if I want some hacking thingy, what programming language I should use?

C++ for performance, Python for University classes in this. 

If you want to be a hacker, it’s been said that if you take a major in networking & computers-you’ll know how to hack before you know it. 

I think any language but HTML can be used to hack. 

1 hour ago, fpo said:

If you want to be a hacker, it’s been said that if you take a major in networking & computers-you’ll know how to hack before you know it. 

You'd need to know HTML in some cases for certain web attacks. Javascript just doesn't go anywhere and execute on a page within the HTML.

i would say python because its easy and forgiving for beginners but I started with Java then C++/C and now C#. but as said

On 6/11/2018 at 7:33 AM, fpo said:

I’m voting C++ as it teaches a lot that exists in and under many languages. 

Unless you’re becoming a web developer, I think C++ is pretty good. If you’re planning on web programming, skip C++. Learn HTML, CSS & JavaScript. 

if you want to become mobile developer for android  Java/Kotlin or C++ with NDK for iOS swift/C++. if you want to become game developer C# for Unity then you can compile it for any device but  C++ for Unreal 4. how ever python is easy and you can use it for a lot of stuff although not my favorite.

before when i started learning java i was searching for best language for beginners just like you but i would say there is no such a thing as that it all depends on what you want to do although i  suggested python because its forgiving  language and great starting point if you dont know what device your targeting but honestly it all depends on what you want to do.

i would say watch couple of his videos see which you like and stick to it although syntax is very similar because its all based on C

https://www.youtube.com/user/thenewboston

On 17/06/2018 at 5:39 PM, fpo said:

You can write a keylogger in css, plus knowing html lets you understand about closing tags and that lets you find xss from time to time.

I found one in a search bar where adding </title> allowed you to inject anything after into the page bypassing their filter.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

On 6/9/2018 at 9:15 AM, Utkarsh_srivasta09 said:

Which computer language should I go with as a beginner in coding. 

The real question is, what drives you to want to code ?, what do you would like to have as a product ?
C or Pascal would be a good background but javascript may be what you want to do. Unless you want play with linux, then do stuff in Python.

So basically, start with that would give you gratification, else, you're gonna quit.  =/