k70 Mk2?

isaac22701

I just saw this on amazon when looking at keyboards

image.png.29a2bb9b6423a4f8bfc38531831c3d93.png

Is this old news? It looks to me like a k95 without the lightbar or macros... Still not sure if there has been any official mention by Corsair and I can't find information on it anywhere online. Curious what people think. 

Edit: There is also a white version

image.png.2b64ca82c25f68036268b4a22d576ea6.pngEdit 2: It looks like they took it down but you can still see the "older" models are called mk1 under style. 

eh, all im missing out on is what looks like 1 button, and a light-up corsair logo rather than a shiny metal one

"Every program needs 2 things: 1: A dark theme... and 2: A 'Fuck off!' button, no exceptions!" -Me

Wish I had waited the two weeks it took for corsair to come out with the rgb version of the k70 instead of getting the red one when I did... Have you ever tried the mx speeds in those keyboards? They feel like a crisper mx red which I love but with a quieter and I think more pleasing bottom. Man I really love the mx speeds that corsair uses. ^_^

me too , I have a k95 rgb platinum with mx speed and think that is like a improved/future version of mx red

Case: Corsair 760T  |  Psu: Evga  650w p2 | Cpu-Cooler : Noctua Nh-d15 | Cpu : 8600k  | Gpu: Gygabyte 1070 g1 | Ram: 2x8gb Gskill Trident-Z 3000mhz |  Mobo : Aorus GA-Z370 Gaming K3 | Storage : Ocz 120gb sata ssd , sandisk 480gb ssd , wd 1gb hdd | Keyboard : Corsair k95 rgb plat. | Mouse : Razer deathadder elite | Monitor: Dell s2417DG (1440p 165hz gsync) & a crappy hp 24' ips 1080p | Audio: Schiit stack + Akg k712pro + Blue yeti.

9 minutes ago, Peskanova said:

me too , I have a k95 rgb platinum with mx speed and think that is like a improved/future version of mx red

Tbh trying to justify an upgrade to the k70 mk2 but the damn red switches wont die :( Maybe when I add a second build xD 

17 hours ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

Tbh trying to justify an upgrade to the k70 mk2 but the damn red switches wont die :( Maybe when I add a second build xD 

Yeah I would too. Although if I were to upgrade from my k70 I'd rather get a k95 so I'll probably wait until they release a new k95... That way I could better justify it

You could always "accidentally" spill water on it when cleaning lol

18 hours ago, kevinisbeast707 said:

I guess though if you want to justify it I would consider speeds to be a pretty significant upgrade over reds for gaming, and if you get the white it will come with their double shot PBT keycaps as well as better reflections for brighter lights and an arguably better aesthetic depending on what you have. I personally like the standard color more but the better keycaps might make it worth it. Everything else looks like a k95, and after looking at it for a while it has a bigger wrist wrest and the same bigger media keys as a k95 as well as the rgb logo. 

On 6/4/2018 at 3:47 PM, isaac22701 said:

I just saw this on amazon when looking at keyboards

image.png.29a2bb9b6423a4f8bfc38531831c3d93.png

Is this old news? It looks to me like a k95 without the lightbar or macros... Still not sure if there has been any official mention by Corsair and I can't find information on it anywhere online. Curious what people think. 

Edit: There is also a white version

image.png.2b64ca82c25f68036268b4a22d576ea6.pngEdit 2: It looks like they took it down but you can still see the "older" models are called mk1 under style. I don't know if it's on display at Computex yet, but the listings are off amazon now so it was clearly a mistake. 

4 hours ago, isaac22701 said:

I guess though if you want to justify it I would consider speeds to be a pretty significant upgrade over reds for gaming, and if you get the white it will come with their double shot PBT keycaps as well as better reflections for brighter lights and an arguably better aesthetic depending on what you have. I personally like the standard color more but the better keycaps might make it worth it. Everything else looks like a k95, and after looking at it for a while it has a bigger wrist wrest and the same bigger media keys as a k95 as well as the rgb logo. 

I'm glad they went with a bigger wrist rest because the one that comes with the regular k70 is so small that my wrists just go past it anyways lol. I have a huge hyperx mouse mat so I'd probably just end up taking the rest off since imo the keyboard looks really sexy against a black mousepad without the wrist rest.

Yeah pretty much everything is identical to the k95. That's one gripe I have with my current k70 is the media keys are hard to see and use if you're looking at them from an angle, but the k95 fixes that. They still haven't officially announced anything from what I've seen but I guess we'll see soon if Amazon leaked it.