Ryzen 7 2700X Max Safe Temperatures?

Hello!

I have recently built a new Ryzen 7 2700X system and was wondering what the maximum safe temperature is, as I cannot seem to find it anywhere. I'm guessing it's probably 95 degrees like the 1800X, but I'd just like to be sure. Thanks :)

Hello! It's me just passing through :) 

Max safe temperature as in max temp that's safe to run at 24/7? Or max peak temperature before you fry your cpu? In the first case, cooler the better, but I personally won't keep it over 75C for 24/7, maybe a little higher for shorter time spans. In the second case, the cpu should have built in protections to shut itself down before it reaches peak temps. But unless you are planning on overclocking the hell outta the cpu while using a passive heatsink (or none at all), don't worry about hitting the max temperature. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

10 minutes ago, Aerdian said:

Hello!

I have recently built a new Ryzen 7 2700X system and was wondering what the maximum safe temperature is, as I cannot seem to find it anywhere. I'm guessing it's probably 95 degrees like the 1800X, but I'd just like to be sure. Thanks :)

https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-7-2700x says 85 Celsius on AMD website. I would try to keep it to 80 and below. 

27 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I would actually try and keep under 75, but that's just me.

80 max. i mean I wouldn't want it at 80 in normal use but peaking at 80 isnt the end of the world. I know my 2700x peaks at 79 every once in awhile. not sure when as it is just the max in hardware monitor but have never seen it near there when actually looking at it.

1 minute ago, Aerdian said:

I even looked on the website. I'm not sure how I missed that, but thanks :) 

it was hidden behind alot of marketing lol. it took me awhile to sort through all the marketing to find the actual product information.

• 1 year later...

So I'm assuming 40C is good right?

Serious question

I'm used to Fahrenheit so translating that from Celsius is pretty crazy( also first time building PC with 2700X)