I need Windows 10 Help please!

Robo_Pixel

I have a PC with windows 10 installed but it was originally a Windows 7 PC. I am getting a new HDD and only have one slot for a drive and was wondering if it would put windows 7 on there when i boot up the pc. I want windows 10 on the pc but wasn't sure if I could still upgrade for FREE. If anyone could help me at all I would appreciate it.

Yeah you can from the MS website. MS is actually on your side for a change. 

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

Nice! Thank you! When I put my old drive in does it automatically put windows 7 on there?

(I think) You need to have Windows 7 actually Installed and running with a Valid Product Key so YES. 

18 minutes ago, Ezio Auditore said:

Yeah you can from the MS website. MS is actually on your side for a change. 

Where have you seen this? As far as I know, that has been removed from their website for almost a year. There was an unofficial way of getting Windows 10 as the installer would still take your Windows 7/8.1 key for activation (I've personally have used that too). However, from what I've read online, that loophole has been closed.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

If you have your Win7 key registered as Win10, just use the Win7 key to activate when you reinstall Win10 on new drive. Once key is registered for free upgrade, it works for both versions. Also if you have connected key with your MS account, you can just login and it will activate.

Free upgrade period has ended, even for last exceptions.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thanks! How would i check if the code is linked to my account?

5 hours ago, Robo_Pixel said:

Thanks! How would i check if the code is linked to my account?

You just login to your MS account from within Windows user account settings (not your browser). There is no Win10 key as part of the free upgrade.

Reinstall Win10 if it asks for a key click I do not have one. After win10 is installed login to your MS Account (or do during install when it asks). Win10 will activate with a Digital Entitlement License.