choosing between dell xps 13 vs razer blade stealth for software engineering

Hi,

I am starting my major in computer engineering this fall and I wasn't sure was laptop to buy. I wan't to buy the razer blade stealth 2018 ( with the i7 8th gen) and I know they are expensive for nothing but I really like the sleak look it has, but I was wondering if the dell xps 13 (with the i7 8th gen) is it worth going with it for the better battery life and performance. Also, i am stating my major in software engineering like I said, but do i need a computer with a graphique card or not (having in mind that I do have a pc a home with an gtx 970).

thanks

side note: I live in canada and it seems like I can't find anywhere where you can buy an dell xps 8th gen

I would choose the Dell over a Razer Blade.

Razer has a rather extensive history of problems with their laptops, and they're just overall low quality. Even LMG has had lots of problems.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Bought an xps 13 about 5 months ago to use for uni and its great. I usually don't charge it for ~3 days at a time and I use it frequently on campus.

Though, neither of these laptops have dedicated graphics cards, just so you know

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

whichever has the 8th gen Intel chip and better warranty.

For me it would be the XPS13 as A) it's a very sexy and small thing (like me ;)) and B) Razer stuff isn't sold here

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

XPS

Never ever buy a Razer laptop unless you believe everything Min tells you about it.

It’s just a low-quality laptop that’s very prone to hardware failures combined with poor after-sales.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1