Gaming on the move

Hi all.

I am looking for some advise into a problem I currently have. I am a keen gamer and have a nice pc at home however I travel around a lot with work and end up spending a lot of time in hotels.  I would like some advise on the best console or hand help option. Most of the time I will have access to a TV screen, but not always and always online is right out with poor hotel wifi.

Thanks in advance 

Nintendo switch, other consoles aren't made for portability.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Gaming Laptop, You can get a bargain with a second hand one with a Graphics Card in it.  Or get a raspberry PI and run Classic Nintendo games on it. that can be run of a phone power pack. A Retro Pi it's called

Nintendo Switch honestly sounds perfect for what you are looking for. 

I'd go with a Nintendo Switch. I've been more happy with that than all other handhelds. The other still supported handheld options are Playstation Vita and Nintendo 3DS. Support for both is dwindling though, even more so for the Vita. Well, that's what I see in the USA anyway. Not sure what the situation is in Japan.

I guess you could research a gaming laptop that doesn't weigh a ton to carry around. Since it sounds like you'll play in hotels primarily, I guess you don't need to best battery life. I played some indies an entire 5h flight with the Switch. Beats me if there are gaming laptops that could do the same that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Being able to game at hotels is a criteria I've been looking for my next laptop but I haven't settled on anything. I was thinking something on the ~4.5 lbs side with something like the Dell XPS 15 with a GTX 1050ti or a 2-in-1 with a 1050/1060 but those can get pricey, e.g. Surface Book 2. But I'm playing the waiting game since I don't really, really need a laptop upgrade yet.

Depends on what games you're looking for.

Obviously the Switch is a good contender. Or any other handheld gaming system, but especially PSP is nice if you want emulation

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I suppose it depends on what you want to play but either a gaming laptop or Nintendo Switch sound like your best choices.