Pls help me with selecting a laptop

So I noticed that my late 2013 Macbook pro was getting really slow and outdated. So, time for a new laptop :)

Im looking for a laptop around 1500-1600 dollars. It has to be portable, durable, good build quality would be nice, powerfull enough for school, video editing and streaming HDovies and maybe a little bit of gaming (like cs:go).

I hope some of you can help me with picking a new laptop because I just don’t know what would be the best laptop for me. 

Where are you from? You prefer Windows or Mac OS?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Im from the Netherlands. I prefer Windows actually but I am using a macbook rn bcs it was the old laptop of my dad. But my next laptop defenitly has to be a Windows laptop.

Mind providing some links of online stores in your country?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

One more question, what's your preferred display size?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Thinkpad T480 with MX150

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

N580VD has many problems. Buggy firmware, OKish build quality, OKish input devices, mediocre battery life, OKish cooling, different panel model etc. Not recommended. T480 is WAY better, MX150 enough for CSGO and Fornite.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

N580VD has many problems. Buggy firmware, OKish build quality, OKish input devices, mediocre battery life, OKish cooling, different panel model etc. Not recommended. T480 is WAY better, MX150 enough for CSGO and Fornite.

The t480 is a really good laptop but it looks a little bit thick. Im more looking for a thinner laptop with.

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Dijkstra said:

The t480 is a really good laptop but it looks a little bit thick. Im more looking for a thinner laptop with.

If you need thinner and 13 inches then you might have to forgo gaming or you have to look in the 15 inch size range

There is the option of the HP Envy 13-ad something with an MX150. The display doesn't get bright enough and the cooling is OKish only. Build quality is ok but the aluminium body gets scratched easily.

2 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

If you need thinner and 13 inches then you might have to forgo gaming or you have to look in the 15 inch size range

Yea I don't mind if i cant game on it. I just need a thin laptop (13-15 inch) for my schoolwork and some video editing (not 4k video's but just for some school projects).  I just don't wanna go for a chromebook bcs of its OS, and i dont want a Mac bcs of its price. Just need a windows laptop which can boot up very quickly and has enough ram for decent foto/video editing

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Dijkstra said:

Yea I don't mind if i cant game on it. I just need a thin laptop (13-15 inch) for my schoolwork and some video editing (not 4k video's but just for some school projects).  I just don't wanna go for a chromebook bcs of its OS, and i dont want a Mac bcs of its price. Just need a windows laptop which can boot up very quickly and has enough ram for decent foto/video editing

There is the option of the Dell XPS 15 9560 with a GTX 1050 and i7-7700HQ. Of course the build quality and everything is going to be typical XPS but have no idea about the cooling in such a thin laptop especially for that CPU. Otherwise it will suit all your needs. And the screen is 4K so when you play games on it you will have to downscale to 1080p which isn't ideal.

The HP Spectre x360-15 is a decent laptop for your needs and has great build quality and the display and speakers are some of the best on Windows systems.

It also has an MX150 which is enough for casual gaming. But when you game it might get hot.

Get Thinkpad for durability and longevity

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Get Thinkpad for durability and longevity

I think its a really good lapotp but I dont like the way it looks and I just don't like its thickness

10 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

The HP Spectre x360-15 is a decent laptop for your needs and has great build quality and the display and speakers are some of the best on Windows systems.

It also has an MX150 which is enough for casual gaming. But when you game it might get hot.

Then i think i should go for the i5 model because else it will get really pricy 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Dijkstra said:

Then i think i should go for the i5 model because else it will get really pricy 

I saw it on amazon.com 1500$ but maybe it is more expensive where you live.

7 minutes ago, Jeremy Dijkstra said:

I think its a really good lapotp but I dont like the way it looks and I just don't like its thickness

Don't worry once you start using it you will get used to it. You won't notice it after a week or so. Still if you want thin then options are limited unless you get an external GPU.

One thing to note: MX150 in Envy 13 is the low power variant which is just slightly faster than 940MX GDDR5. Also, the reason why Spectre x360 15 with MX150 runs warmer than other competitors is because it's using a full power 25W MX150 unlike most Ultrabooks with LP MX150.

Edited by ZM Fong

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

17 hours ago, Tarun10 said:

Don't worry once you start using it you will get used to it. You won't notice it after a week or so. Still if you want thin then options are limited unless you get an external GPU.

Maybe I should just go for a laptop with a good processor and no GPU, since im just using it for school. It just would have been nice if i had the opportunity to game a little bit on it

17 hours ago, ZM Fong said:

One thing to note: MX150 in Envy 13 is the low power variant which is just slightly faster than 940MX GDDR5. Also, the reason why Spectre x360 15 with MX150 runs warmer than other competitors is because it's using a full power 25W MX150 unlike most Ultrabooks with LP MX150.

What do you think of this one? It has a good CPU and enough RAM. And if I want to i could always buy a External GPU thingy. 

https://www.amazon.com/Razer-Stealth-Touchscreen-Ultrabook-Generation/dp/B01L3EXAC6/ref=pd_sbs_147_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01L3EXAC6&pd_rd_r=4XBG8GQ9KEP0J6CTCDC9&pd_rd_w=djG7d&pd_rd_wg=kKJNU&psc=1&refRID=4XBG8GQ9KEP0J6CTCDC9