Home Media System

I am looking for a home media system that will allow users to watch and record live tv (via an Ariel connection) on any tv. e.g allow a program to be recorded on one tv and watched back on another tv with a full easy to use tv guide if possible like on Sky HD for example that shows the channels and the times of each program.   I am currently using plex server on my windows 2012 server with Plex clients on the new amazon fire tv sticks but have been having issues with the video pausing randomly or it sometimes just not wanting to tune the channel with cat 6 networking and wired ethernet adapters for the amazon tv sticks. any suggestions would be appreciated.

James

JJL Computers LTD

https://jjl-computers.co.uk/

On 4/9/2018 at 3:18 PM, tecjames said:

I am looking for a home media system that will allow users to watch and record live tv (via an Ariel connection) on any tv. e.g allow a program to be recorded on one tv and watched back on another tv with a full easy to use tv guide if possible like on Sky HD for example that shows the channels and the times of each program.   I am currently using plex server on my windows 2012 server with Plex clients on the new amazon fire tv sticks but have been having issues with the video pausing randomly or it sometimes just not wanting to tune the channel with cat 6 networking and wired ethernet adapters for the amazon tv sticks. any suggestions would be appreciated.

I know OTA (Over the air TV) DVR's(Channel Master has one) exist, but most of them are controllable on 1 TV. Your best bet would be a network TV turner like the ones from Silicon Dust and Plex. I cant speak for the guide or for how easy it is to use. I just checked in to it myself. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 11/04/2018 at 2:00 AM, Donut417 said:

I know OTA (Over the air TV) DVR's(Channel Master has one) exist, but most of them are controllable on 1 TV. Your best bet would be a network TV turner like the ones from Silicon Dust and Plex. I cant speak for the guide or for how easy it is to use. I just checked in to it myself. 

ok, thanks will look into that.

James

JJL Computers LTD

https://jjl-computers.co.uk/