Royalty free images?

I remember Linus used to use a service that had a monthly costs but would allow you to use images for your own work/company.  Royalty free but with subscription costs.  What was that company/service?

You dont need a pay service

Go to google images

tools>Usage rights>labeled for reuse 

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

eh... well there are many services like that, such as Getty Images, etc. I've personnally used iStock in the past. But the one linus used? no clue

We really want to be careful, I am working with a multimillion dollar company so when we publish articles we had to follow laws.

the thing with subscription based or even paying based stock websites is that you have to pay a certain price depending on how you want to use the picture. So if it is for an ad the price is different than for something else. Or if you'll use it as a book cover, then you need different licenses depending on how many copies you sell. The cheap license may be enough for 10K copies, but if you plan on distributing 100K they want another type of license, more expensive. 

You can find princing here for istock:

https://www.istockphoto.com/be/en/plans-and-pricing

getty:

https://www.gettyimages.com/plans-and-pricing?language=en-US

There are many more services as such, but they all propose more or less the same plans/pricing. Just check beforehand what you want to do with it.

9 minutes ago, Snaeb said:

We really want to be careful, I am working with a multimillion dollar company so when we publish articles we had to follow laws.

Sounds like they should already have their own service for that. But Linus used Getty Images I believe.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Agreed afaik it was Getty Images.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Getty. Use nothing but Getty images. They can kindly heck off for forcing Google to cripple image search.

14 minutes ago, The Viking said:

the thing with subscription based or even paying based stock websites is that you have to pay a certain price depending on how you want to use the picture. So if it is for an ad the price is different than for something else. Or if you'll use it as a book cover, then you need different licenses depending on how many copies you sell. The cheap license may be enough for 10K copies, but if you plan on distributing 100K they want another type of license, more expensive. 

You can find princing here for istock:

https://www.istockphoto.com/be/en/plans-and-pricing

getty:

https://www.gettyimages.com/plans-and-pricing?language=en-US

There are many more services as such, but they all propose more or less the same plans/pricing. Just check beforehand what you want to do with it.

We are looking to use in blogs, videos and articles.  So technically only a few copies?

Er...I've tried Unsplash yet so no comment, but Getty and Shutterstock work well for me and my company for years. 

20 hours ago, Snaeb said:

We are looking to use in blogs, videos and articles.  So technically only a few copies?

license.png.3ece253957da1a4effc5a8c8b1fd810c.png

basic license usually is enough. Like I said and others also said, if youre going to have like...ok, with my book example, if you'll sell 100K copies of it, you probably have a dedicated graphic designer doing this.

21 hours ago, Snaeb said:

I remember Linus used to use a service that had a monthly costs but would allow you to use images for your own work/company.  Royalty free but with subscription costs.  What was that company/service?

I remember seeing it in a BitWit video recently. Check back to every video for the past month. It know I saw it.

• 2 weeks later...

What about pixabay? I've used footage from there quite a number of times, and it's free. Also, at least as far as I know, you can even use most of the things from pixabay for commercial purposes...

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

If they are that rich (the company) then hire a photographer to take pictures custom for your needs.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Pond5 have multiple types of media, and you pay per thing rather than a subscription. Haven't used it personally tho.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking