Win10 .iso fails to copy and move to flash drive

SirGeneral

I don't have my old Compaq nor the rig I'm building online, parts are still in transit, so with the time I had before everything gets to me I thought I'd fetch the .iso from microsoft.com but Chrome OS fails to move and to copy it to my PNY 32GB flash drive, am I being stupid or is there something wrong? also if I can't get Win10 to my flash using Chrome OS, can anyone give me a link to a linux distro so I can get Win10 once I have the system up and running?

heck.

Just use Ubuntu

Are you just copying it to the flash drive or burning it to the drive??

If you are trying to boot from the drive then just copying it probably won't work...

copying to drive

you know how the OS tags "deleted" items as free space? will that tag stay if you transfer a HDD to another PC?

heck.

1 minute ago, SirGeneral said:

copying to drive

you know how the OS tags "deleted" items as free space? will that tag stay if you transfer a HDD to another PC?

Yes, it will.

Ryzen 7 2700X  ASUS X470 PRO  16GB 2400Mhz Crucial Ballistix SAPPHIRE RX 580  970 EVO  Dark Rock PRO 4  Dark Base PRO 900

if a 32bit OS and a 64bit OS exist on the same drive, nither type of computer can boot from it, right?

heck.

2 hours ago, SirGeneral said:

if a 32bit OS and a 64bit OS exist on the same drive, nither type of computer can boot from it, right?

Of same OS in different partitions will give same option as using two different OS'. With two versions of Windows its bit tricky and you should use VM instead.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 weeks later...