Floatplane android app

Hello all! I love ltt/LMG/floatplane and appreciate all they do. While I don't have much time to help the back end angular team, I did have time this weekend to package up an android app for floatplane. All this does is use a webview to view the website, however I will soon include some features like push notifications on subscriptions, as well as notifications for many other things (comments etc).

I would love to take requests and work on this completely free for the community. I am 100% willing to work with the LTT team and if need to, take the app down. I hope this as seen as a way for me to do some free development, rather than me trying to make any cash, as I plan to have 0 adds in the app and keep it free. Notifications should be done by next weekend, but until then feel free to use the app to keep you logged in and able to view from your mobile phone. Feature requests will be taken. I will open source the app when I reach 1.0 and accept contributions ( I am a strong open source advocate and understand how those  communities (repos) work)

Again a big thank you to LTT and everyone involved. Keep rocking! I hope I can help floatplane take over the world! woot woot!

NOTE: I can't publish the app on the playstore until I have permission from floatplane/LMG proving I am allowed to publish. Here is the APK until then

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cc_RNM7DWh0D2L0rx-uEOvZw0gEGDqC6/view?usp=sharing

floatplane-release.apk

Edited by PCGuy_5960
Removed donation links

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

maybe add some screenshots?

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

Ugh... Why it's so hard for people go through direct route? Not saying you haven't, but you are implicating that you haven't. Just send PM to Luke or through support email like any other business inquiry should.

Also, remember that you can't use any official logos or names on unofficial product. And asking for any kind of donation is against CS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Ugh... Why it's so hard for people go through direct route? Not saying you haven't, but you are implicating that you haven't. Just send PM to Luke or through support email like any other business inquiry should.

Also, remember that you can't use any official logos or names on unofficial product. And asking for any kind of donation is against CS.

I have emailed every email I could find online first. Haven't heard back from them, they are busy people I understand that, so I wanted to allow people to use it still even if I couldn't quite publish it yet 

Thanks for the info about logos I will look into creating my own as not to violate any rules. 

I have also dm'd linus and admins.

8 hours ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

maybe add some screenshots?

This is simply a webview of the mobile version of floatplane.com. If you navigate to floatplane.com on your mobile web browser you will have the same functionality, except no search bar. I intend to do much more than just have a webview, but for now that is all.

7 hours ago, justynt said:

This is simply a webview of the mobile version of floatplane.com. If you navigate to floatplane.com on your mobile web browser you will have the same functionality, except no search bar. I intend to do much more than just have a webview, but for now that is all.

Ok. Because in this format you still have allot more control over how you display the stuff. 

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

Just got an email from Luke, unfortunately I will not be able to publish this on the app store due to a myriad of legal reasons. I will leave it here and publish updates though! I offered to just give LMG the source code and allow them to do what they would like with it. If anyone has any requests I am still open to development.

• 1 year later...

I stumbled upon this while searching for a way to make the floatplane android app work on aneroid TV ( Nvidia shield) tried few tricks I used in the past to side load things but didn't work :3
I even  forgot a strong one that I used to run pokemmo ,if I remember it I will try it and then it might work.