Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

 

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

 

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

They really named something “hypermotard”?  That’s hilarious.

The company is Italian, they have a bunch of crazy names for the bikes.  Better than just giving it a just a model number like they did for the longest time with their superbikes.  My Ducati 749 Dark is just that, the bike's name is it's displacement and that they painted it black.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ducati888 said:

I love the hyper! Being a Ducati Technician I was lucky enough to get a lot of seat time on the entire line up! And by far the older hyper 1100, was my jam! Front end feeling was it's only down side in my opinion,  I knew a lot of customers that wiped out from front and wash outs. The new 939 is a beast tho! Highly recommend anyone to go test ride that thing 

 

I like the looks of the 821 SP, but, since I've never experienced any of them, I can't say which is best, obviously, but thanks for the feedback :D


"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Don’t get a 2008 GTI.  It’s got problems.

2008 GTI what?

 


Needs money for car parts :P

 

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

 

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

 

  • Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

2008 GTI what?

 

That's like saying I like my dads mk3... When talking about my dads 3rd gen forester 


Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

That's like saying I like my dads mk3... When talking about my dads 3rd gen forester 

Nah hes getting confused with a 2012 SE, theyre really unreliable


Needs money for car parts :P

 

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

 

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

 

  • Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

2008 GTI what?

 

Volkswagon. Golf GTI It’s the only car which is technically named only”GTI” afaik.  One could also call it the type 5 with the 2.0l turbo.  It’s specifically an issue with that year of engine.  It has problems with turbo life and it has a complicated head which can develop carbon buildup problems.  Early development high pressure turbo.  I understand the later ones are much better.  It’s the last one available in the US as a 2 door though afaik.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Volkswagon. Golf GTI It’s the only car which is technically named only”GTI” afaik.  One could also call it the type 5 with the 2.0l turbo.  It’s specifically an issue with that year of engine.  It has problems with turbo life and it has a complicated head which can develop carbon buildup problems.  Early development high pressure turbo.  I understand the later ones are much better.  It’s the last one available in the US as a 2 door though afaik.

Right, but im not looking at buying a VW?


Needs money for car parts :P

 

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

 

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

 

  • Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Right, but im not looking at buying a VW?

I'm wondering if this is the forum glitching again and he saw the wrong picture or something. Lol


"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Volkswagon. Golf GTI It’s the only car which is technically named only”GTI” afaik.  One could also call it the type 5 with the 2.0l turbo.  It’s specifically an issue with that year of engine.  It has problems with turbo life and it has a complicated head which can develop carbon buildup problems.  Early development high pressure turbo.  I understand the later ones are much better.  It’s the last one available in the US as a 2 door though afaik.

Mk5 not type 5 no one calls it that. All direct injection only engines have carbon buildup. IHI turbos were alright. An you can get a mk7 in a two door in the US. 


CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I'm wondering if this is the forum glitching again and he saw the wrong picture or something. Lol

It was sort of a random statement.  It’s the vehicle I have experience with.  The take home I guess is it is an early small displacement high pressure turbo with a performance of 100hp/L.  A really well done one for its time, but it’s correct functioning depends on very exact tolerances, and even small issues can cause big problems.  It’s important I think to make sure that if you buy a car with an engine of that type that the bugs are worked out, find out what the long term behavior of it is, and be careful how you treat it because small things can cause big problems with those things.


Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

It was sort of a random statement.  It’s the vehicle I have experience with.  The take home I guess is it is an early small displacement high pressure turbo with a performance of 100hp/L.  A really well done one for its time, but it’s correct functioning depends on very exact tolerances, and even small issues can cause big problems.  It’s important I think to make sure that if you buy a car with an engine of that type that the bugs are worked out, find out what the long term behavior of it is, and be careful how you treat it because small things can cause big problems with those things.

It's not a high pressure turbo stock it only makes 10-15psi. Most of the issues came from the water pump/chain tensioner.


CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

It was sort of a random statement.  It’s the vehicle I have experience with.  The take home I guess is it is an early small displacement high pressure turbo with a performance of 100hp/L.  A really well done one for its time, but it’s correct functioning depends on very exact tolerances, and even small issues can cause big problems.  It’s important I think to make sure that if you buy a car with an engine of that type that the bugs are worked out, find out what the long term behavior of it is, and be careful how you treat it because small things can cause big problems with those things.

 


i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 32GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / iPhone X

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 


LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X + Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

It's not a high pressure turbo stock it only makes 10-15psi. Most of the issues came from the water pump/chain tensioner.

So being I'm out of the loop on newer turbo cars.  What is a stock boost figure for modern engines?  I'm sure it varies by engine/brand.  Was just curious as my '87 Buick ran 14 stock and I'm currently running 16psi.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2020 at 2:55 PM, Ducati888 said:

Where's my Moto peeps at? 

LRM_EXPORT_22758068404023_20181119_202147598.jpeg

20191217_115442.thumb.jpg.d700271ea2ff34e3b42d2dda0f7ef8a3.jpg

 

My 04 B12 

Taken not long before i replaced the headlight with a new LED assembly and turn signals with sequential LEDS 😁


 Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got to work on my GS500E, needs a new chain and sprockets and I decided I might as well do pads and break disk while I'm at it.

 

Put the bike up on the center stand and got the rear wheel out real quick. Took the cover for the front sprocket off and found hell on earth. I dug out about two big hands worth of gunk with a rubber/sand texture from there:

IMG_20200411_134445.thumb.jpg.1707034a5381d18b3c1868e9f5a65390.jpg

IMG_20200411_134522.thumb.jpg.561005d25410c9e10746892af0b99388.jpg

Sprocket was also almost just gone, looks thin enough to bend with your fingers on some of the teeth.

This is after the clean:

IMG_20200411_152518.thumb.jpg.34cc5c73b8f231c10df3e7f279114600.jpg

 

They are all really bad pictures, sorry about that...

 

Glad I cleaned that out, should have swapped chain and sprockets a long time ago. Chain was actually in alright condition but the sprockets are GONE.

 

Going to tackle removing the rear brake disk and rear sprocket, they have been soaked with penetrating oil and left over night so hopefully they will budge today, they really didn't yesterday. Going to get the ugga dugga on them if I can find a 14mm socket for it, otherwise it's going to be just a massive breaker bar :D


I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally)...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

 

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

 

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

So being I'm out of the loop on newer turbo cars.  What is a stock boost figure for modern engines?  I'm sure it varies by engine/brand.  Was just curious as my '87 Buick ran 14 stock and I'm currently running 16psi.

My mini runs about 9-10psi stock.


Needs money for car parts :P

 

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

 

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

 

  • Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

So I got to work on my GS500E, needs a new chain and sprockets and I decided I might as well do pads and break disk while I'm at it.

 

Put the bike up on the center stand and got the rear wheel out real quick. Took the cover for the front sprocket off and found hell on earth. I dug out about two big hands worth of gunk with a rubber/sand texture from there:

IMG_20200411_134445.thumb.jpg.1707034a5381d18b3c1868e9f5a65390.jpg

IMG_20200411_134522.thumb.jpg.561005d25410c9e10746892af0b99388.jpg

Sprocket was also almost just gone, looks thin enough to bend with your fingers on some of the teeth.

This is after the clean:

IMG_20200411_152518.thumb.jpg.34cc5c73b8f231c10df3e7f279114600.jpg

 

They are all really bad pictures, sorry about that...

 

Glad I cleaned that out, should have swapped chain and sprockets a long time ago. Chain was actually in alright condition but the sprockets are GONE.

 

Going to tackle removing the rear brake disk and rear sprocket, they have been soaked with penetrating oil and left over night so hopefully they will budge today, they really didn't yesterday. Going to get the ugga dugga on them if I can find a 14mm socket for it, otherwise it's going to be just a massive breaker bar :D

Im dreading having to change my chain snd sprockets on my bandit lol (pic above) due to all that type of gunk lol


 Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

- GS500E snip -

 

Holy balls, that thing really need some cleaning xD

I've wanted a GS500E for a while now because I thought they were under the 35kW limit for the A2 license. Turns out they're rated at like 38kW

 

pepehands-0-cke.jpg

 

Also, a Yamaha XT660Z from the 90s is rated at 35.3, so, yeah, fml xD


"Everyone dies alone. But if you meant something to someone, if you helped someone, or loved someone, if even a single person remembers you, then maybe you never really die. And maybe, this isn't the end at all."

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I'm wondering if this is the forum glitching again and he saw the wrong picture or something. Lol

im so confused,

I saw a reply to a renault clio ... about a 2008 gti ...
1st thought in my brain that hit was a peugeot 2008 gti since that would also be french .. but that doesnt exist ... so maybe they meant a 208 gti? nope ... a 2008 Golf GTI

why would someone mention a 2008 golf gti when some said that they will buy a clio?

 
This being a 208 GTi
image.thumb.png.60370284b6f976f8e7d979ec14f91586.png


Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

So being I'm out of the loop on newer turbo cars.  What is a stock boost figure for modern engines?  I'm sure it varies by engine/brand.  Was just curious as my '87 Buick ran 14 stock and I'm currently running 16psi.

Varies based on the car. What's high boost for one is bone stock for another. My Ecoboost ran 20psi stock my gti was 10ish stock. After modding them my Ecoboost ran 25psi and my gti ran anywhere between 22-24psi. 

4 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

 

 


CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

 

why would someone mention a 2008 golf gti when some said that they will buy a clio?

 
This being a 208 GTi
 

Eh, I has a photo of both

20180825_110940.jpg


Needs money for car parts :P

 

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

 

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

 

  • Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

So being I'm out of the loop on newer turbo cars.  What is a stock boost figure for modern engines?  I'm sure it varies by engine/brand.  Was just curious as my '87 Buick ran 14 stock and I'm currently running 16psi.

Whatever the engineerds decide. I want to say my civic is 16-17psi stock. People up them on tunes but I don't really see the need. It makes enough power for commuting and passing people. New meme around here is to go slow as fuck on a 2 lane to bait people to pass you so they can speed up to "race" you. Its usually shitboxes that my car has no issues with.


i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 32GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / iPhone X

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's cool on the boost figures, I had thought about it and can't say I have ridden in anything newer (10 years or less) with a stock turbo or still at stock settings.  It's hard to compare my cars turbo setup with anything newer as well just to how much engine design and fuel systems have advanced in the past 30+ years.  I have found it funny since owning it that like anything in this world the myth and legend very rarely lives up to the reality of it.  The '87 Grand National was touted as the fastest car made in the USA back then and you get wrapped up in that legend.  Once you own one you realize that fastest for 1987 wasn't a very high bar to reach and that I could lose a race to several types of modern bone stock v-6 powered four door sedans depending on driver and conditions.  Here's a picture of my engine for the fun of it.IMG_20151011_141043580.thumb.jpg.46b71dbe12ecfa3073ca79aa63ba22b1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vf1000ride said:

That's cool on the boost figures, I had thought about it and can't say I have ridden in anything newer (10 years or less) with a stock turbo or still at stock settings.  It's hard to compare my cars turbo setup with anything newer as well just to how much engine design and fuel systems have advanced in the past 30+ years.  I have found it funny since owning it that like anything in this world the myth and legend very rarely lives up to the reality of it.  The '87 Grand National was touted as the fastest car made in the USA back then and you get wrapped up in that legend.  Once you own one you realize that fastest for 1987 wasn't a very high bar to reach and that I could lose a race to several types of modern bone stock v-6 powered four door sedans depending on driver and conditions.  Here's a picture of my engine for the fun of it.IMG_20151011_141043580.thumb.jpg.46b71dbe12ecfa3073ca79aa63ba22b1.jpg

Fast back then was pretty slow, the 5.0 Mustang and Firebird/Camaro were 200hp and did like mid 14 1/4 miles?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×