Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

15 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

couple grand on some German models

Good thing I don't care about the germs

5 hours ago, vetali said:

Yeah, and those are cheap compared to other makes lol.

Oof

On 5/6/2024 at 4:17 AM, Beerzerker said:

Tell me about it.... But that's what they do.
Even if they had been passing by at a really slow speed, the squirrel probrably would have darted the wrong way and gotten hit/squished anyway.

What's there to tell you about it? If they had been driving like a normal person, they hadn't been accelerating into that corner, seeing the animal yet continuing to throttle, eventually to a point of almost killing it with absolutely no other cars around.

You brake and slow down, put your hand on the horn and beep boop a few times until it runs away. Doesn't require a genius, does it?

Moving away from the topic of people who can't drive properly, we might upgrade from our A4 Quattro soon...

On 5/9/2024 at 1:33 AM, AlwaysFSX said:

Is that how much they cost on new cars? Jesus

This is why you get glass insurance for like $9/mo

image.png.767065ab3fbad98c918db5539ac24861.png

My rear windsheild was free to replace thankfully.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 5/9/2024 at 1:40 AM, Vonrottes said:

Trying to decided if I want to impulse buy a new cam for the Sonoma 😅

I think about $1,000 would get it done, just the cam, pushrods, springs and trunnion upgrade.. no lifters or other upgrades.

Same cam I had in the G8, so pretty mild but still decent power increase over stock.

Just not sure if I want to mod the 5.3 or not 

I'm gonna say you should do it because it'd be cool

unless you've got better things to do with it.

please tag me for a response, It's really hard to keep tabs on every thread I reply to. thanks!!