Project Drogon [First Build]

Newbix_Cube

9SCt2xG.png

Hello Linus Tech Tip Users & Prowlers!

My name is Cody, aliased as Tundra; and this is my first ever computer build!

I'd like to say thank  you to all the users here at Linus Tech Tip for all the help

with figuring out a correct build and answering all my wonky questions. This build

may not be anything impressive as I don't believe I'll be doing any case mods

or extra painting, but I thought it'd be fun to record my first computer build.

This will be 100% new for me as I've been a Mac user for the past 6 years and

I have never really "owned" a computer before that. 

The name is of this project is from a type of dragon in tv series Game of Thrones.

Drogon, Black with red markings and larger than its brothers. I do really hope this build

goes well as I may decide to make it a hobby and venture into case modding and other mods.

I will keep a quick check status below for the status of the build.

Part List/Specs:

Received:

Intel 4670k @

MSI GTX 780 OC Twin Frozr 3GB

MSI Z87-G43 Gaming

G.SKiLL Ripjaws 8GB

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

Corsair Air Series 540 Cube

NZXT Red LED Kit

NZXT Sentry 2 Fan Controller

​Not Received:

Kingston V300 120GB SSD

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+ Gold Modular

Corsair H100i CPU Cooler

NZXT Hue

Peripherals:

CM Storm TK Cherry MX Red

ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical

Asus Orion Pro

NEW IDEAS/PLANS:

Custom sleeved wires (Future Plan)

Etch "Drogon" into the window in one of the corners

Design a stencil to paint a dragon onto the case

UPDATES:

• [12/18] Parts have been ordered with 1 - 3 shipping. It is still processing. (Ordered @ NCIX.)
  • [12/18] Parts have been shipped. Should be here by Monday!
  • [12/23] Received most of my parts. Missing the PSU and CPU cooler. They are back ordered and will hopefully be here Tuesday.
  • [12/23] Decided to put the parts I had together, posted a quick photo will post more in-depth photos when I have better lighting.

Project Drogon

• Intel 4670k, MSI GTX 780, MSI Z87-G43 Gaming, G.SKiLL Ripjaws 8GB, Kingston V300 120GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+ Gold Modular, Corsair Air Series 540 Cube, Corsair H100i CPU Cooler

I like everything in there, good luck with the build man :D

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I like everything in there, good luck with the build man :D

Thank you very much!

I hope for the best.

Project Drogon

• Intel 4670k, MSI GTX 780, MSI Z87-G43 Gaming, G.SKiLL Ripjaws 8GB, Kingston V300 120GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+ Gold Modular, Corsair Air Series 540 Cube, Corsair H100i CPU Cooler

Best of luck my friend, first builds can lead to many things after. If you need help please feel free to message me at any time. I'll look forward to see this computer finished.

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

Best of luck my friend, first builds can lead to many things after. If you need help please feel free to message me at any time. I'll look forward to see this computer finished.

I'll remember that.

Thank you!

Project Drogon

Are you color scheming this in any way, I can imagine a Orange and black combo. Super awesome.

Spoiler

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

Are you color scheming this in any way, I can imagine a Orange and black combo. Super awesome.

Most of the inside will be red parts and red/orange/yellow LEDs.

The outside black.

I am realizing more and more I do have a lot of MSI parts!

I may consider changing the name to something dragon related.

I'll contemplate more and figure it out.

Project Drogon

Changed the project name to fit the build better.

Will work on new title image soon!

Project Drogon

Looks like you have a solid build there. Is the GTX 780 the MSI Gaming Edition?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Looks like you have a solid build there. Is the GTX 780 the MSI Gaming Edition?

I believe so.

This is the one I purchased.

Project Drogon

I believe so.

This is the one I purchased.

Nice, it will be a perfect match with the motherboard then. :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

New title image has been added!

Project Drogon

New title image has been added!

Do you mean Dragon? or Drogon?

Spoiler

Do you mean Dragon? or Drogon?

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

The name is of this project is from a type of dragon in tv series Game of Thrones.

Drogon, Black with red markings and larger than its brothers.

Project Drogon

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Didn't see that post, whoops..... why so many V's? lol

Spoiler

Didn't see that post, whoops..... why so many V's? lol

Sticky keys?  :ph34r:

Project Drogon

Yay u cube case build log :) and fancy intro/first post 

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Yay u cube case build log :) and fancy intro/first post 

:D

I want to make my first build as best as possible!

Project Drogon

Here's a couple of irrelevant photos of my setup and one of my cats (Gandalf) before the PC build.

Not letting me work on a flier ._.                                                              Watching some DayZ.

lqwQ9tn.png     m2b80XV.png

Project Drogon

Quick picture of the NZXT Sentry 2 and NZXT LED Kit.

I've had them sitting in a small box for a while but decided to take a photo.

Note: I'm using an iPhone 4 so don't expect "the" best quality or photography work :)

1U8TMRU.png

Project Drogon

12/23 Updated:

Here's some photos will get more when PSU and CPU Cooler arrive.

L09uemk.png

F2ocKC8.png     126ASHm.png

QYMY13a.png     gfrpRhn.png

Project Drogon

Subbed. I love your intro post - really well designed. Can't wait for the GoT season 3! Anyway, looking forward to this.

Thanks, wanted to make it as appealing as possible seeing my build won't have any "crazy" mods or custom cooling.

Just a pretty normal build for the most part.

GoT 3!!!

Project Drogon