HP Proliant ML150G6 BMC 601 error

Hello All,

As the title suggest I have a BMC 601 error on my HP Proliant ML150G6, and I've been unable to fix it thus far.

A post suggested that I need to flash the lights out software to fix this, but I can't find anywhere to download this or how to flash it. I've inserted an ethernet jack in both the ports and I read somewhere I should set the IP to static in my bios > advanced > ipmi, but all ip related options there are greyed out.

I have installed an E5540 with 2x4GB and a 250GB harddisk with Windows Server 2008 R2.

I hope I haven't left out anything but feel free to ask otherwise.

is the error actually posing any sort of functionality issue, or is it just *saying theres an error*

because if its not a functional problem.. with a G6.. i wouldnt bother.

40 minutes ago, manikyath said:

is the error actually posing any sort of functionality issue, or is it just *saying theres an error*

because if its not a functional problem.. with a G6.. i wouldnt bother.

Yes the fans are running at a much higher speed, I can't use the PS2 port, have to press F1 a couple of times during boot and a channel of ram slots don't work anymore but I don't know if that's related.

Otherwise I can still use it.

Flashing the firmware won't solve physical hardware problems, but is a good idea either way. This topic seems helpful:

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/Unable-to-fix-bmc-601-error-ML150G6/td-p/6997460

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

17 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Flashing the firmware won't solve physical hardware problems, but is a good idea either way. This topic seems helpful:

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/Unable-to-fix-bmc-601-error-ML150G6/td-p/6997460

Haha yeah that's my post too, was gonna try that today.