Need a New Wifi Card for my PC

TheRealSamwise

So currently the PC that i have doesnt have a Wifi Card as i am able to play on ethernet currently, however, i am getting internet from a new provider installed (200mb down) soon and wont be able to play on ethernet. So i was wondering are there any wifi crads i can buy that can give me speeds somewhat as good as what ethernet would without costing me too much money. Also bare in mind im in the UK so products would be preferred to be in GBP :) 

1 minute ago, TheRealSamwise said:

So currently the PC that i have doesnt have a Wifi Card as i am able to play on ethernet currently, however, i am getting internet from a new provider installed (200mb down) soon and wont be able to play on ethernet. So i was wondering are there any wifi crads i can buy that can give me speeds somewhat as good as what ethernet would without costing me too much money. Also bare in mind im in the UK so products would be preferred to be in GBP :) 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/tTdqqs/gigabyte-wireless-network-card-gcwb867di

2 minutes ago, factorialandha said:

our of interest, what will stop you from playing via ethernet ?

Where the line is being ran into the house it just wouldnt be practical to try and run an ethernet cable to my PC

TL-WDN4800 is a classic, I believe you can get it for about 30 quid locally

NeXTcube 12400 Z690M ITX 64GB SN770 6600XT Sugo16 12.5

NeXTserver 9400 H310N ITX 32GB SN350 5500XT Fara R1 12.5

NeXTstation 9900K Z390 ITX 32GB SN750 6800XT Enthoo 12.5

well getting a wifi card for your machine is one option -> it will depend on the router location and how far away you are though, to determine how good of a connection you have and how fast it is, not to mention the quality of the router itself, you can get an amazing wifi card for your desktop, but a crappy router will still give you a crappy signal.

The other option would be PowerLine adapters, which would depend again on location and wiring of your house to determine whether it would be good or bad connectivity. 

I personally use powerline in certain places at the moment and get relatively decent speeds (200 - 500 Mb) 

Just now, Hashiba said:

TL-WDN4800 is a classic, I believe you can get it for about 30 quid locally

Will definitely make sure to make note of this one, thank you dude

Just now, factorialandha said:

well getting a wifi card for your machine is one option -> it will depend on the router location and how far away you are though, to determine how good of a connection you have and how fast it is, not to mention the quality of the router itself, you can get an amazing wifi card for your desktop, but a crappy router will still give you a crappy signal.

The other option would be PowerLine adapters, which would depend again on location and wiring of your house to determine whether it would be good or bad connectivity. 

I personally use powerline in certain places at the moment and get relatively decent speeds (200 - 500 Mb) 

Whats a powerline adapter? I dont believe ive heard of those before

15 hours ago, TheRealSamwise said:

Will definitely make sure to make note of this one, thank you dude

Id second that, I used to use this card before going to Ethernet and my mom currently uses this card. Seems to work fine in Windows 10, which seems to be an issue with WiFi adapters as of late. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.