Exploding AirPod?

BluJay614

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3026476/apples-exploding-airpod-nearly-gave-a-florida-man-a-serious-headache

We all remember the phone that is not to be named (Note 7) and why it failed so badly. While I am not an apple fan, I do hope that this doesn't turn into another fiasco like it.

SMASHING REPS and bro-ing out with gym bunnies to some pumping tunes piped through your Apple AirPods is all well and good until the ridiculous wireless earbuds spontaneously explode.

At least that was the case with Floridian Jason Colon, who, according to Florida's WFLA TV, was working out at the gym when he saw smoke coming out of his right AirPod.

Unsurprisingly, he quickly took Apple's smart and wireless headphones out of his ears and plonked them down on some gym equipment.

He then went to look for help, because a gym is obviously the natural stomping ground of tech nerds and Apple Genius types.

Okay, so to start with, we know that the AirPods are one of, if not the best (according to MKBHD), fully wireless earbuds out there. Personally, I don't like the shape and way they feel in my ear.

So, smoke coming out of a device that is in use, let alone in an orface is never good. Luckily, this guy happed to see it. Who he thought was gonna help, I don't know, but better to try and get help then to sit there like nothing is happening.

However, when Colon returned, he found the right AirPod was charred and broken having seemingly exploded. Had Colon continued to wear them he may have got a headache that a couple of aspirins wouldn't curtail.

"I didn't see it happen, but I mean, it was already fried. You can see flame damage," Colon told WFLA TV.

Okay, so it happened in a short period of time, which isn't supprising given the size of the device. Them exploding while he was wearing them still giving him a headache....... Fairly big understatement. Flame damage is fairly obvious, so I can see how he could tell...... though why didn't it set off a fire alarm? (WARNING: BAD PUNS INCOMING)

Apparently, Colon was listening to dance music at the time, so there's a change the right AirPod could have been such a slave to the rhythm that it lost control and got too hot and bothered to keep its cool.

Apple has yet to comment on the explosive topic and didn't reply to our request for any insights at the time of writing.

Now explosive gadgets aren't good news as Samsung found out with its Galaxy Note 7, which had a battery issue that led to the handset's combustion.

Samsung was forced to recall all of its Galaxy Note 7 units, which numbered in the millions, much to the company's embarrassment and bottom line profits.

There's no word on what could have caused the AirPod explosion, though unlike other headphones the AirPods contain a dedicated 'W1' chip to help power their smart functions. So there's a good chance that it could be the combustion culprit.

There have been no further reports of exploding AirPods, so the incident could be an isolated one meaning Apple won't need to make a recall and Tim Cook and Jonny Ive won't beat seven shades out of Cupertino's headphone engineers for failing the overlords.

Okay, I have no idea how the type of music would have anything to do with it but to give Segway to that bad joke. It is fairly common knowlage that they don't pack much bass though.

Not supprised that Apple isn't wanting to comment on this, and probably wants to figure out how it could have happened, then how to prevent it from occurring again.

More notes on the phone which we shall not name and the damage it caused.

Luckily, this appears to be an isolated incident so far, but a noteworthy one to keep an eye on none the less.

3 minutes ago, BluJay614 said:

He then went to look for help, because a gym is obviously the natural stomping ground of tech nerds and Apple Genius types.

Idk some techies like to stay fit and Apple Genius employees are hippies they may work out lol

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

3 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

this has already been posted

Can you link the post? I haven't been able to find it.

Could a Staff member, Moderator, or Admin please notify me if this post is going against the posting guidelines, or if it is okay as this is in "Tech News and Reviews" and the other post was in "General Discussion"

In other news, a battery took fire

oh noes

2 hours ago, BluJay614 said:

Could a Staff member, Moderator, or Admin please notify me if this post is going against the posting guidelines, or if it is okay as this is in "Tech News and Reviews" and the other post was in "General Discussion"

It actually was in TN&R, but it was moved due to violation(s) with the posting guidelines.

9 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

It actually was in TN&R, but it was moved due to violation(s) with the posting guidelines.

Again, I'm needing one of them to let me know if THIS post is violating posting guidelines.