DAN A4-SFX v2

Really like the dark plexi panels. Did you decide against the R.O.G. logo cause I bet it would have looked great in the darker panels?

Since this rig is 99% used to play Quake Champions and Doom, I decided to go for the QC and Doom logo's :)  (oh, did you know that there's a chance Doom 2 will be announced at e3 2018?)

In a few weeks the Louqe Ghost S1 will arrive, and I'll surely design some plexiglass sidepanels for that one too, maybe I'll do a smokey ROG logo again...

Not sure if it's mentioned on the previous page, but I couldn't see anything - what the opacity % is on the smoked plexi? I have used your guide (very clear and helpful) to make up a design for my case and am now looking for a reputable US-based company (if anyone knows of one I'd appreciate the tip) and I prefer the tinted plexi so wanted to get an idea of what yours is.

Also as an FYI, I used Inkscape to create the vector image rather than Illustrator as it is 100% free and does the job in about 10 clicks of the mouse, so I can't complain.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

The % opacity is’t mendtioned in the order, the description is “acrylaat transparant antraciet 3 mm 302x186mm” (translated: Plexi Acrylic transparent anthracite)

Any success stories with mounting SSD sata on similar builds?  

On 20/4/2018 at 4:04 PM, Mnpctech said:

Progress looks good! (bookmarked)

@Selder Damn... Must feel good to get bookmarked by a god ;)

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

• 1 month later...

Hey, I know I'm super late for this thread, but I'm working on a similar build that has an M.2 heat spreader. My motherboard doesn't come with an M.2 tall screw like the one you used to mount the small fan up top, where would I find it if I were to buy one? All my google searches for tall M.2 standoff are giving me these relatively short spacers.

Search for “m2 standoff” and not “m.2 standoff”, “m2” is the “international” name of the size of the standoff, nothing to do with “m.2 ssd’s”...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,
First things first, this build is frikin awesome, but I would switch the Graphic card to a EVGA 1080TI FTW3 Black Edition.
Nevertheless, can you guys recommend the ASUS ROG STRIX Z370 ITX ?
From my experience I only got voltage problems with ASUS boards thats why im asking.
I am currently working on the same build but without the antec cooler.
Cant decide between ASUS,ASRock and MSI Z370 ITX Boards.

Keep up the good work

I have good experience with Asus, their GPUs have never let me down... became a bit brand-loyal.  Went for the Asus motherboard for the same reason, I don't do a lot of overclocking besides all the automatic crap...

Oh, and the AIO is Asetek, not Antec :) 

On 24/4/2018 at 12:30 PM, Selder said:

Since this rig is 99% used to play Quake Champions and Doom, I decided to go for the QC and Doom logo's :)  (oh, did you know that there's a chance Doom 2 will be announced at e3 2018?)

In a few weeks the Louqe Ghost S1 will arrive, and I'll surely design some plexiglass sidepanels for that one too, maybe I'll do a smokey ROG logo again...

Sad to see you move away from the dan case, my dan case brother :(

W H E N   T H E   W O R L D   I S   A G A I N S T   Y O U ,   B U I L D   C O M P U T E R S !

On 7/28/2018 at 11:42 AM, matias_a_etersen said:

Sad to see you move away from the dan case, my dan case brother :(

We will always stay A4-brothers! 

I got a new 8086K waiting to be installed, but with the thermals of the A4-SFX I believe it will run even hotter than my current 8700K...

That and the total lack of follow-up on Dan's part when it comes to offering v3's new front USB connector for v2 owners I made up my mind, time to move on :) 

• 1 month later...
On 2/9/2018 at 12:30 AM, Selder said:

IMG_0565.jpg.b3f80b3906ab42ad17d6f54e0003b6db.jpg
View from the CPU and top-side, you can see the tubes of the Asetek 545LC protruding the case, I wasn't sure I could install the sidepanel on that side.

IMG_0581.jpg.68833335c80f211c9c66ffa8f22149a8.jpg

But my fear was unneeded, there is enough clearance to install the side panel, phew!

Does the window kit gives you a tad more space?? I have the exact same setup as you do. Same AIO, same fan, same PSU cables, sam MOBO, same basically everything. 

My side panel simply can't be installed. The cables, as you feared, protude way too far.

I've the V3 though. 

On 8/30/2018 at 8:43 PM, Satysat said:

Does the window kit gives you a tad more space?? I have the exact same setup as you do. Same AIO, same fan, same PSU cables, sam MOBO, same basically everything. 

My side panel simply can't be installed. The cables, as you feared, protude way too far.

I've the V3 though. 

Yes, the tubes of the AIO have a few millimeters more clearance with the plexiglass sidepanel.  Not much, but enough...

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2018 at 6:38 PM, Selder said:

Currently designing my own custom plexiglass sidepanel.  I'll need to stop because it'll be too hard to choose later on :)

5a9446133655b_ScreenShot2018-02-26at18_13_23.thumb.png.27a0043d94410b002ac8b0ebe0937a1e.png

Link to the site to create these?

Search this thread, I uploaded a PDF with instructions...

• 1 month later...

omg, i know this guy! And i fucking adore him! ❤️

1st: i5 8600K@5GHz  (5400MHz max) - DRP3 - Kingston HyperX Fury AFR 2400 CL15 16GB 1.2v @ 3333MHz CL16-17-17-30-300 1.4v
Asus PRIME Z370-A - 960 EVO NVMe 250GB + M.2 860 Evo 250GB + 850 Evo

Vega 56 @ Vega 64LC mod (corsair h110i gtx) + AOC G2460PF 144Hz G-Sync - Corsair RM750x - Logitech G903 - G533 - Ducky One2mini

2nd: i7 7700K@5GHz 1.375v - 120mm AIO - Kingston HyperX @ 3066MHz CL15 1T - Asus GTX 1070 08G - SanDisk II Extreme 240GB - Asus VG248Q 144Hz

MSI mITX Z270 Pro Carbon Gaming AC - Corsair TX650

Just now, Selder said:

Hahaha, hugssss @skillz :) 

hugs man ❤️

1st: i5 8600K@5GHz  (5400MHz max) - DRP3 - Kingston HyperX Fury AFR 2400 CL15 16GB 1.2v @ 3333MHz CL16-17-17-30-300 1.4v
Asus PRIME Z370-A - 960 EVO NVMe 250GB + M.2 860 Evo 250GB + 850 Evo

Vega 56 @ Vega 64LC mod (corsair h110i gtx) + AOC G2460PF 144Hz G-Sync - Corsair RM750x - Logitech G903 - G533 - Ducky One2mini

2nd: i7 7700K@5GHz 1.375v - 120mm AIO - Kingston HyperX @ 3066MHz CL15 1T - Asus GTX 1070 08G - SanDisk II Extreme 240GB - Asus VG248Q 144Hz

MSI mITX Z270 Pro Carbon Gaming AC - Corsair TX650

• 2 months later...

im looking to do the same thing for my case ill be building in soon.

Was the screw a 10mm,15,or 20mm length?

• 6 months later...

I just had to reply: That's absolutley amazing! Fantastic job!

I play with the thought to switch from my Cooler Master Elite 110 to the DAN A4 SFX and was looking around to see what I have to expect when building in a case that's even smaller than the Elite 110. Then I stumbled across this thread and I'm glad I did. That little 40mm fan is probably one of the best solutions I'v ever seen.

Again, well done and thank you very much for sharing this here.