AluminiumTech

Unable to delete quotes and spoilers on Mobile

Posted · Original PosterOP

Browser: Brave 1.0.41 using Chromium 64

Issue: Unable to delete spoilers and quotes on Mobile.

How to replicate: Quote a user and try to delete the quote.

OnePlus 3 (Late 2017 - present) | Lenovo Thinkpad T480 i7-8550U with UHD 620 Graphics (Mid 2018 - present)

Samaritan (Early 2018 - present) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz , Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 8GB, Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

Can we just have an overhauled mobile browser? Current one is just awful when it comes to quoting, deleting and sizes. 

Well you could use the trash button in the top left, but yeah removing a single quote has been dead for me for a while now too.

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything."

Gear:                           .                                                                                                                         .

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 || Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2933Mhz) || GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || PSU: Corsair RMx 750W

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm || Mouse: Roccat Kiro || Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL || Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Minibois' Digital Art Thread

Reviews: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Wacom Intuos Pen Small || Roccat Kiro

Threads: Pokémon Thread || Dutch Talk || Super Smash Bros. Melee Thread

Setup: Current setup

1 hour ago, SC2Mitch said:

Can we just have an overhauled mobile browser? Current one is just awful when it comes to quoting, deleting and sizes. 

use "request desktop website option"

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

Get used to it. Its been issue since forum upgraded from IPB3.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

We're aware that this is a thing, as it will be on your site if that's still a thing, but because it's a CKEditor thing it's really not something we can do anything about I'm afraid.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic

Posted · Original PosterOP
17 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

We're aware that this is a thing, as it will be on your site if that's still a thing, but because it's a CKEditor thing it's really not something we can do anything about I'm afraid.

Has it been reported to the IPS Devs/passed along to the CKEditor devs?

OnePlus 3 (Late 2017 - present) | Lenovo Thinkpad T480 i7-8550U with UHD 620 Graphics (Mid 2018 - present)

Samaritan (Early 2018 - present) - AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (8C/16T) , MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon, Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200MHz , Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 8GB, Corsair RM850i PSU, Corsair H100i v2 CPU Cooler, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD, Seagate BarraCuda 2TB HDD (2018), Seagate BarraCuda 1TB HDD (2014), NZXT S340 Elite, Corsair ML 120 Pro, Corsair ML 140 Pro

14 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Has it been reported to the IPS Devs/passed along to the CKEditor devs?

I'm fairly sure I've reported it to the IPS devs before, though I can't, remember if it was this or just some of the other issues that were passed onto the ckeditor devs. I'm not even sure what the cke devs can to about it tbh though because most of that sort of thing is handled by the browser, and Android browsers don't really provide much in the way of useful events for that sort of thing, so it may actually be a fundamental problem that can't be changed without significant architectural changes (which may be present in CKEditor 5, which is now launched but won't be adopted by IPS for quite a while yet because it will cause compatibility issues.

I don't work for Floatplane Media, so any Floatplane comments that I make are my own and may be incorrect or in conflict with the official view.

For Floatplane support, please use the wizard linked in this topic