XHVGA manufacturer

FishBurger987
Go to solution Solved by Guest,
3 minutes ago, FishBurger987 said:

But do you know anything about this xhvga manufacturer?

Its not a manufacturer. Its a fake name. Some groups in china buy large stocks of retired gts 450/gtx 460/gtx 550ti and the sell them as 1050s or 1060s under the xhvga name to scam people.

Hi all!

So basically my friend bought a videocard from some guy on jófogás(jófogás is basically like ebay, but it's in my country). And This guy was selling that 1050ti gpu for 100$, and he said it was a new card and he bought it from ebay.

I was worried that he is going to be fooled with these sites. And the card was kinda weird cause all the new modern 1050tis have displayport and hdmi. This only had VGA d-sub and the seller said mini hdmi. I found no info about this manufacturer, only pictures. My question is: Someone knows anything about XHVGA manufacturer? 

Thanks,

Levente.

264852981_2aae835a-d3e0-4ba8-a74d-79b18eef56a5.jpg

Edited by FishBurger987

3 minutes ago, FishBurger987 said:

But do you know anything about this xhvga manufacturer?

Its not a manufacturer. Its a fake name. Some groups in china buy large stocks of retired gts 450/gtx 460/gtx 550ti and the sell them as 1050s or 1060s under the xhvga name to scam people.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4.2.2018 at 9:43 AM, FishBurger987 said:

Hi all!

So basically my friend bought a videocard from some guy on jófogás(jófogás is basically like ebay, but it's in my country). And This guy was selling that 1050ti gpu for 100$, and he said it was a new card and he bought it from ebay.

I was worried that he is going to be fooled with these sites. And the card was kinda weird cause all the new modern 1050tis have displayport and hdmi. This only had VGA d-sub and the seller said mini hdmi. I found no info about this manufacturer, only pictures. My question is: Someone knows anything about XHVGA manufacturer? 

Thanks,

Levente.

264852981_2aae835a-d3e0-4ba8-a74d-79b18eef56a5.jpg

haha ordered a cheap 1050ti myself xD 20$ 1050ti 4gb i knew it was fake tho but i got the same one apperently its a real nvidia gpu tho chip GF116-200-KA-A1 is matched to a GeForce GTS 450 xD 

Cpu: intel i7 4790k    Motherboard: MSI GAMING 5   GPU:Nvidia GTX 980Ti   PSU: Corsair AX 760 PSU  RAM:Crucial DDR3 Ballistix Tactical 24GB RG  SSD: OZC Vertex 4 128GB  HDD: 2x1tb WD  Case: Thermaltake Level 10GT Snow edition! 

• 2 weeks later...

A imagem pode conter: texto

According to this picture i found online it seems it can also be a rebranded GT 545 due to the number of CUDA CORES.
You should check that before trying to Flash the  bios for a correct one.

i check if nvflash works first i had to lot a playing around to flash one the crap re branded card for a mate so he could use his pc as he didn't have any other cards

• 2 weeks later...

I got a similar situation.

bought a "970" from eBay (actually a 550ti), but I can't find anything on xhvga when looking for a proper Bios for it.

• 2 weeks later...

so i ended up buying one of these fake gtx 1050 ti's $70 on wish can anyone help me with flashing it to the proper vbios this is unknown territory for me 

im also not sure how to determine if its either a gts 450, gtx 460, gtx 550 ti or maybe even a different card 

i spoke with a geforce agent who simply told me there is no way to determine what it is and to buy a real one but ive read around and know that to be untrue 

any help would be appreciated as ive exceeded the 30 day return policy troubleshooting the errors this card was producing

edit** i have the exact same card fishburger987 posted a picture of

@iamdarkyoshi can help

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

so i have determined it is also a gtx 550 ti now im trying to determine what version of the vbios i should be getting as i have no idea who manufactured this card before it was modified and nvidia has just told me that installing a version that was not the original manufacturer's could render my card useless ive been looking through techpowerup's list of vbios for gtx 550 ti's but idk what one to get 

• 2 years later...

Hi. I bought this card on Ebay around 2017-18. Serial number XHVGA 180512. The card is branded as nVIDIA GTX750-2GD5. GTX750 latest drivers installed with no issues. I was worried I bought knock-offs at the time, not rebranded as I later learned from a different card I bought that would only install the Nvidia driver it came with on CD. The however is, though, it is still working to this day with no issues.

I started to research this card because I broke one of the fans while cleaning it with my leaf blower. I almost lost my pinky on my left hand when it hit the blades and broke 2 of them. I am trying to buy a new fan or shroud with two fans that will fit this model. I think I found it. China, of course, I'll leave the link here that may help you zero in on your card. One thought I had is, your card and my card have the same serial number, Hmmm.it's just a silver sticker though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-MSI-GTX-1050-1050TI-750TI-Graphics-Card-Cooling-Double-fan-With-Frame-2pin/173960819221?hash=item2880df7215:g:q-cAAOSwQWhdJYx8

For MSI GTX 1050 1050TI 750TI Graphics Card Cooling Double fan With Frame 2pin.

This is the shroud I picked for my card. Just about a double of mine.

s-l1600.jpg

s2-2pinConnection.jpg

FullFront.jpg