Phanteks Evolve Shift and CPU+GPU AIO cooling

daniel764

I was wondering if anybody had experience with the Phanteks Evolve Shift (non-X) and space for cooling?

My build so far (not finalised):

CPU: Intel i7-7700k 

CPU cooler: Corsair H80i-v2 

GPU:1080 Ti Hydro GFX liquid cooled 

Motherboard: Strix B250i Gaming

PSU: Silverstone SX650-G 650W SFX (non-L)

The case comes with 3 fan slots (2 top, 1 bottom)  for 120mm (1 pre-installed fan) which will cover both the fans for the GPU and CPU coolers. My concern is if there will be enough clearance and space for both coolers' tubes and if yes then where should I mount the GPU cooler? Video related (copying his build except for CPU & PSU upgrade, using a 1080 Ti liquid-cooled instead of a regular 1080 Ti), there doesn't look to be any spare space left over in the case. Does anybody have experience with a build like this, and can confirm for me whether or not both a CPU and GPU cooled unit will fit? Worst case scenario I just get a regular 1080 T, but I want this build to be as future-proof as an ITX case will allow. Custom liquid-cooling is also an option, but I don't have experience with the installation process and I'm reluctant to upgrade to the Shift X case

Phanteks manual shows where it's even possible to mount rads. I think (with my limited knowledge) that their suggestion is best for AIOs. It will be tight anyway, but what else do you expect from tiny case?

On side note, you've picked locked mobo for unlocked CPU. Bit odd choice for high end build.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

this is a small case, so definitely will be cramped...gotta be careful with what you choose. my friend even had to make a hole to fit his 1000w power lol

• 1 month later...

it'll just barely fit and will be a tight squeeze.

They didn't make enough space at the bottom for the angled power cable, so you'll have to have your fan and rad for the gpu at the bottom, then your aio on the bottom right. Watch out though, the riser cables that come with it are crap. I've had to replace mine twice now.