I need help deciding whether or not a gpu is legit or not.

EnderViking10

There is a gtx 1080 ti on eBay for 130$ us and I don't know if it's legit or not. https://m.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-ROG-STRIX-GeForce-GTX-1080-TI-11GB-GDDR5X-VR-Ready-5K-Gaming-Graphics-Card/173129028652?itemId=173129028652&du=1 I ask you kindly to not buy if you think it's legit because I'm only 13 and I have 200$ and I've been saving up for about 8 months. Thank you. 

1 minute ago, EnderViking10 said:

There is a gtx 1080 ti on eBay for 130$ us and I don't know if it's legit or not. https://m.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-ROG-STRIX-GeForce-GTX-1080-TI-11GB-GDDR5X-VR-Ready-5K-Gaming-Graphics-Card/173129028652?itemId=173129028652&du=1 I ask you kindly to not buy if you think it's legit because I'm only 13 and I have 200$ and I've been saving up for about 8 months. Thank you. 

if its too good to be true, then it generally is.  99.9% probaly fake

Current Rig=  AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus Crosshair Hero VIII, EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ultra, 32gb Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 3000hz White, EVGA 750 P2 PSU, 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 500gb samsung 860 evo, 250GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus, 2TB seagate firecuda sshd,  LianLi PC 011 Dynamic XL ROG edition, Corsair h150i elite capelix

I don't use ebay, how reliable is the seller's rep rating? Is it a good benchmark?

Kubuntu 22.10

Ryzen 7 5700X

RX 6700 XT

The listing is all stock photos and the description is basically a copy paste off the amazon or newegg product page.

He either has no idea what hes actually selling, or he's hoping someone else has no idea what hes actually selling.

2 minutes ago, Aeternalis said:

how reliable is the seller's rep rating?

He has 2 positive ratings from people that bought something from him (not gpus) and 8 positive ratings from people he bought stuff from. Thats it.

tl;dr

Not worth the risk

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!

6 minutes ago, Aeternalis said:

You have buyer protection, so as long as you can get it in your hands and test it within the timeframe then you should be okay; but you may just waste your time.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

12 minutes ago, EnderViking10 said:

Do you already have a PC?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Get it and if its fake claim fraud through e-bay/paypal.  Free low end GPU if its fake and actually ships.

15 minutes ago, KarathKasun said:

Get it and if its fake claim fraud through e-bay/paypal.  Free low end GPU if its fake and actually ships.

Please don't do that.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Thats what the e-bay/paypal report & claim feature is for.

If its listed as something and they ship something else, its fraud.  Ordering it to see if its legit is not a crime.

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

Thats what the e-bay/paypal report & claim feature is for.

If its listed as something and they ship something else, its fraud.  Ordering it to see if its legit is not a crime.

Its not worth the time or hassle, even if you do get a free garbage card out of it

What would he even do with the like - gt 210 that might show up? Use it as a sandwich cutter?

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

Most of the fakes are GTX 550 (Ti) and GT 450 class cards.

They are still useful.

Might as well just get a GT 1030 or RX 550 in that case

Spoiler

Except you don't have a chance of getting a 1080 for pennies or a low end usable card for free.

If it is fraud, the seller deserves to be reported and removed from the marketplace.

I would rather someone mildly tech savy buys and reports fraud rather than someone buying it and thinking its real when it isnt.