LAN party and Minecraft server

ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Is there anyone here who has done a LAN party? So that i can take help from them!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

And don't forget the monitors. ;)

Oh yea, totally forgot those :D But yea, anyway two fuses should do fine assuming you have similar wattage ratings where you live @ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

Hey guys! I want to ask you that who all have involved in a lan party?(in the forums). Any one that can give me help! Please help me! Small helps will also be appreciated!

i just want to know some things!

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Just make sure you have enough power. Maybe 2-3 pcs max per breaker

Lol, for the amount of stuff my friends bring over, we need 1 breaker per pc. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Lol, for the amount of stuff my friends bring over, we need 1 breaker per pc.

On the other hand I have my pc, server, lights, 2 sound systems that dim the lights, and a iced tea maker. Overkill for 20amp @120v?

Look at specs at profile for power requirement ideas.

On the other hand I have my pc, server, lights, 2 sound systems that dim the lights, and a iced tea maker. Overkill for 20amp @120v?

Needs a mini fridge.  B)

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Needs a mini fridge. B)

Yeah no. In the summer I also run a window ac and mini fridge.

please guys! Help me!

COMING SOON

I have a ancient microwave from like the 60s in my room and when I turn it on everything gets dim and buzzes and I'm like fuck yeah

But in relevance to wanting advice about a LAN party, I would suggest a Ethernet router, some snacks for your friends (I prefer baking organic Mac & Cheese with Brownies on the side), a good amount of room for all of your buddies and a mental preparation for your power bill to go up a bit. Also, get some surge protectors for each computer. Have at least an agreement on what games to play with your friends. Borderlands 2 is a great one to play if its 4 or less.

Switch, extension cords, and an ac. Also 240 or 120?

how do i get someone sponsor it?

COMING SOON

how do i get someone sponsor it?

Don't know man, never had a lan party. Just putting suggestions out there.

240 or 120?

Don't know man, never had a lan party. Just putting suggestions out there.

240 or 120?

What 240 or 120 are you asking?

COMING SOON

He's asking what voltage your country's power grid uses. UK is 240, US is 120 because they can't be trusted with big-boy electricity xD

He's asking what voltage your country's power grid uses. UK is 240, US is 120 because they can't be trusted with big-boy electricity xD

well to be honest, i don't know!

COMING SOON

Is there anyone here who has done a LAN party? So that i can take help from them!

You might be able to find some vid on youtube. Otherwise I don't know. I only have experience with laptops but I would assume it's about the same. Just make sure everyone is connected to the same network either via wireless or hard wired although from what I have tried you can't have some hard wired and some wireless because they won't be able to connect. But after everyone is connected then you can open a world on minecraft, hit esc and click on Open to LAN. Then everyone should see your world in their multi player menu, they may have to refresh but it should pop up. Then you should be ready to go from there. Keep in mind if you allow cheats then anyone has access to commands and if you have some troll friends there is no stopping them. No kick or ban or anything that can restrict their access so be careful. I hope this helped you man. Have Fun!

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Oh yea, totally forgot those :D But yea, anyway two fuses should do fine assuming you have similar wattage ratings where you live @ANUPLUCIFERGAMER

How did you find out?

COMING SOON

240v or 120v mains power. It really doesn't matter.

From my experience, essentials are:

- A way of networking all of the computers reliably

- enough power outlets to power all the gear you have running (note: use separate outlets to avoid overloading sockets)

- Food/drink that people will enjoy that's also easy/quick to prepare (avoid energy drinks, people will just crash after a few)

- A networked drive for everyone to use as a central point to share files

- Games that everyone can play both in groups against each other or free for all (leaving one or two people out because of a max player limit sucks)

- Enough desk space for people's gear (All peripherals, towers, monitors etc.)

- Enough room for people to sleep comfortably during breaks/etc.

- *A good internet connection* - if your internet sucks then lot's of people downloading stuff like updates becomes very tedious/annoying/frustrating

http://www.lanpartyguide.com/default.html

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

240v or 120v mains power. It really doesn't matter.

From my experience, essentials are:

- A way of networking all of the computers that is reliable

- enough power outlets to power all the gear you have running (note: use separate outlets to avoid overloading sockets)

- Food/drink that people will enjoy that's also easy/quick to prepare (avoid energy drinks, people will just crash after a few)

- A centrally networked drive for everyone to use as a central point to share files

- Games that everyone can play both in groups or free for all (leaving one or two people out because of a max player limit sucks)

- Enough desk space for people's gear (All peripherals, towers, monitors etc.)

- Enough room for people to sleep comfortably during breaks/etc.

http://www.lanpartyguide.com/lansetup.html

It does because it changes what gauge extension cord you need

Do your outlets look like

| |

°

nope.

COMING SOON