Testing a PS4

79wjd

Is there a way to test a PS4 reliably? Someone offered a PS4 for something of mine, but I'm hesitant to take it because I had a PS3 that would work fine for about twenty minutes and then need a hard factory reset and would then work fine for twenty minutes again and so on....

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Make a contract saying if it has defects you can get your item back 

maybe bring it to a repair place and see if they can do anything to test it 

Just now, CryptoMatt said:

Make a contract saying if it has defects you can get your item back 

That's not how private party craigslist-type deals work....

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

invite him over and play some games on the console together

8 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

Okay then don’t be safe, you can always write a contract out or record a verbal contract, it WILL hold up in court. If he won’t do it then it’s obviusly broken in some way or stolen.

its better safe then sorry not oh people don’t normally do that so I won’t try to add a layer of proctection to a non protected trade.

5 minutes ago, CryptoMatt said:

Okay then don’t be safe, you can always write a contract out or record a verbal contract, it WILL hold up in court. If he won’t do it then it’s obviusly broken in some way or stolen.

its better safe then sorry not oh people don’t normally do that so I won’t try to add a layer of proctection to a non protected trade.

Yeah.....a verbal contract isn't holding up for shit, and the effort to go to small claims court is nowhere even remotely near being worthwhile. On top of that, I wouldn't sign a contract like that if I was selling something because I don't want to be held responsible for when they manage to break something because of their own stupidity. 

And yeah...again, no. Most people will tell you the same "go fuck yourself". No one wants to be bothered with that nonsense when selling something.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

12 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

Yeah.....a verbal contract isn't holding up for shit, and the effort to go to small claims court is nowhere even remotely near being worthwhile. On top of that, I wouldn't sign a contract like that if I was selling something because I don't want to be held responsible for when they manage to break something because of their own stupidity. 

And yeah...again, no. Most people will tell you the same "go fuck yourself". No one wants to be bothered with that nonsense when selling something.

Exactly. I wouldn't sign it either and not because I would be trying to rip anyone off.

I sold someone a couple of subwoofers once and they called me up complaining they didn't work. I met with them and it turned out they didn't even have them installed in a box! They were just sitting in their trunk! So I put them in a box I had for them and verified right in front of them that the subs worked perfectly. I took the sub out and we parted ways. A few months later I was selling something else online and the same kid posted in my thread warning people not to buy from me because I sold him broken subs. Seriously? He obviously knew nothing about car audio and either kept trying to run the subs out of the box (they weren't free air subs) or managed to actually break them somehow.

Buyers can be real idiots sometimes. Honest sellers don't want to get stuck dealing with them.

That's why I prefer to buy used consoles through Gamestop. There is really no way to know whether the PS4 you're getting is any good unless they let you play it for an hour or so first. But Gamestop offers a 30 day money back guarantee on their hardware that allows you to get a good idea whether the console is any good. Unless you know the person you have no idea why they're selling. Whether they're selling because they like XBox or PC better, because they upgraded to a Pro model and wouldn't get as much selling their old PS4 to Gamestop, whether they're just sick of gaming, or whether they're looking for some sucker to buy their defective PS4.

I buy most of my used stuff from CeX.They ahve a pretty good guarantee; it's 2 years.

Only thing I've had break was due to DPD.