What switch game to get

CryptoMatt

So becase some bad things have happend someone is going to buy me a switch game they want to get me two but I insisted they only get me one but then they said I can pick it.

i currently have breath of the wild, Mario kart 8 and Skyrim 

what game should I get I can’t really decide, I’m guessing Mario odyssey will come up but I feel like it’s kind of expensive when some games are like $30 and $40 and still decent games. 

Any opinions?

Mario Odyssey's worth it, man.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Mario Odyssey is really worth it. 

And if that person wanted to get you 2 games and you already talked them down on that, don't feel guilty ! 

Other than that I enjoyed the motion controlls in Splatoon and am personally hooked by Stardew Valley but that's probably not for everyone. 

Mario Odyssey is great

Some others to consider:

Xenoblade Chronicles 2:  massive JRPG you could easily sink hours into

Fire Emblem Warriors:  great if you are an FE fan or like any of the dynasty warriors games

Splatoon 2:  great online multiplayer shooter (more of turf control but there are customizations, upgrades, rankings etc)

Doom:  If you are into shooters this version of it runs great and has all the features minus snap map plus its portable

LA Noire:  I actually even think this one is like 40-45 bucks don't know too much about it other than its another full third party title on the switch

58 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Where are you getting BOTW for $30 to $40?

Who said they did?

Fucking Xenoblade 2. I'm 200 hours into the game and am still going. It has got a strong fantasy + sci-fi plot that made me want to go through the story all over again with my memory of this game erased. It has a mature action RPG combat system and the character development is superb.

Believe or not, it's the third best Switch game in Japan according to 4gamer.net (a Japanese website), only after BotW and Pokken Tournaments. 

Just a note on the L.A Noire game, it doesn't say it, but it is based on the "4K HD remake" version on the XBox One and PS4... just without the 4K part, and some reduced shaders here and there, but higher up than the original game... it is like a version that is between the original and the XBox One/PS4 HD remake.

Another game that you can add in your consideration list is TellTale's Batman game. The game does face some performance issues here and there, but the game is fully playable. The performance issues are also on the PS4 and XBox One version of the game, so it is really TellTale that has issues porting PC games to consoles, but again the game is fully playable and enjoyable. So if you read people complain about performance, don't rule it out just because of this.

As far as I know its only digital but there MIGHT be physical copies for the Switch but Stardew Valley is great usually goes for 12-15 dollars

On 1/9/2018 at 6:38 PM, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Where are you getting BOTW for $30 to $40?

You can find used ones for around those prices.

I paid around 40 for a copy I had.

Another vote on Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade 2.

Also, Disgaea 5 Complete if you into strategy style games.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU