HTC Vive or Oculus Rift?

saladcrack

So with a little Christmas cash I’ve decided to treat myself to some VR. My main issue obviously is which headset to get. I’ve heard and read that the Rift is lighter thus more comfortable while the Vive is heavier due to the sensors and whatnot. The Vive has room scale vs the Rifts sitting or standing. In my current room I don’t really have space for moving around in VR but I’d like the option to in the future. The Rift is also a hell of a lot cheaper than the Vive, £350 on Amazon vs £600 at Currys which makes the Rift very attractive. I already have Elite: Dangerous and Subnautica in terms of VR games but I’d like to get Job Simulator and Hotdogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades (which is only available for HTC Vive I know). Any help deciding? Any experience with VR that could help? Should I wait for what the next year brings? I don’t really want to wait because I’ve already been waiting for forever. Thanks!

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White