Old Apple MacBook Air

xXCapAwesomeXx
Go to solution Solved by iamdarkyoshi,
14 minutes ago, xXCapAwesomeXx said:

@iamdarkyoshi The date is correct

Only thing I can think if is bringing it to an apple store. 

I revived an old macbook air from my dad due to it running slow and said I could do whatever wanted with so I wiped the drive. However I am unable to get the OS reinstalled on it. It pops up an error message and says that that function is temporarily unavailable at this time. Was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this.

Thanks

You can either reinstall using internet recovery (not available on older models, it worked on my 2010 MB) by holding down the Command (⌘) – Option (⌥) – R combination immediately upon hearing the startup chime.

This will likely install an old version, and you'll need to download updates via itunes.

Or you can bring it to an apple store, they'll make sure its all working right still and install the latest supported OS on it for free. 

6 hours ago, xXCapAwesomeXx said:

@iamdarkyoshi It didn't work. I get to the same point and get the same error message

I'd suggest visiting an apple store.. They'll be able to figure out whats wrong.

https://getsupport.apple.com

What is the error you're getting?

27 minutes ago, xXCapAwesomeXx said:

@iamdarkyoshi Every time I go to install OS X it tells me that it is temporarily unavailable. It lets me select a drive and everything. if I try and quit disk management it asks for me to select a boot drive but doesn't show any drives to select.

Thats odd... Is the mac's date correct? Open a terminal and type date, and hit enter

If the system time is way off, that could be causing the issue.