Looking to build a PC with 4 cores and under 21 watts of power.

KuJoe

What are your recommendations? I need to run some Android emulators 24x7 so I'm looking to build or purchase a PC that won't cost me more than $2 a month in power and won't generate a ton of heat/noise. The smaller the better and I already have hard drives so I just need the case, PSU, CPU, motherboard, and RAM. Thanks!

EDIT: It also must run Windows. Figured I'd mention it before somebody mentioned any ARM devices. :)

-KuJoe

An entire PC that uses less than 21 watts (edit: and still has 4 cores)? I'm afraid that isn't possible.

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x | COOLER: be quiet! Dark Rock 3 | MOBO: ASRock X370 Killer SLI/ac | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio | STORAGE: 2x XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB, Crucial MX300 525gb, Seagate Barracuda Pro 4TB | CASE: Phanteks P400s TG White | PSU: Corsair HX750i

Laptop - Dell XPS 13 | Intel i7 7500u | Intel HD 620 Graphics | 8GB RAM | 256GB M.2 SSD

Peripherals - KEYBOARD: KBD67 Lite w/Gateron Milky Yellow Pros | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder V2 | AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 6XX, Truthear Hexa | MONITOR: Dual 1440p 27" MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD

Just now, Shadow6767 said:

An entire PC that uses less than 21 watts? I'm afraid that isn't possible.

It is, but the 4 cores throws a wrench in things. :(

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

i'm not aware of any ultra low power cpus with 4 physical cores.

That was my fear also.

-KuJoe

6 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Just buy a quad core laptop, Intel Tablet with 4 atom/cherry trail cores/intel compute stick

or underclock the shit out of a Ryzen 3 chip, think it goes as low as 1.6ghz

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Just now, Streetguru said:

Just buy a quad core laptop, Intel Tablet with 4 atom/cherry trail cores/intel compute stick

or underclock the shit out of a Ryzen 3 chip, think it goes as low as 1.6ghz

Are you sure all of these options will be under 21 watts? If you could provide some links it would be appreciated.

-KuJoe

2 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Are you sure all of these options will be under 21 watts? If you could provide some links it would be appreciated.

They'll be under 100W,

The tablets may be what you're looking for, but you might want to attach heatsinks to them in any event if it's going full tilt 24/7, also not sure how well the $100 tablet's PSU would hold up. You could give it an external monitor to lower it's load so it doesn't have to power it's display

https://www.amazon.com/NuVision-Touchscreen-Quad-Core-Processor-Windows/dp/B01H3B17R8/ref=sr_1_4?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1512961804&sr=1-4&keywords=Windows+Tablet

https://ark.intel.com/products/80274/Intel-Atom-Processor-Z3735F-2M-Cache-up-to-1_83-GHz

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Just now, Streetguru said:

They'll be under 100W

That's not what I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestions though.

-KuJoe

2 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

That's not what I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestions though.

You could always buy some solar panels and a battery bank for said PC if you don't want it affecting the power bill

But a mobile device is likely your best bet.

Spoiler

Dang, somebody pointed me to Amazon and now I have too many options to chose from. Oh well, I guess it's better than not enough.

-KuJoe