Good microphone for gaming?

charbel1011

I use a mod mic. $50 and you can use your old headphones. Can't go wrong.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

52 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Budget? And desktop or headset?

around 50-60$ but i need a microphone to put on my desk so that i can talk freely. like i have my razer chroma headset it's good but i need like a good microphone so people can hear me better.

6 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

around 50-60$ but i need a microphone to put on my desk so that i can talk freely. like i have my razer chroma headset it's good but i need like a good microphone so people can hear me better.

Blue Snowball 

10 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Blue Snowball 

But people are saying it's not loud enough for gaming though.

Samson C03U is a really good microphone. Using it for the past 4 years without any problem. :) 

1 hour ago, Carfferd said:

Samson C03U is a really good microphone. Using it for the past 4 years without any problem. :) 

Any idea about the blue microphone?

I've gotta say I have owned nearly every Mic people typically recommend, Blue Snowball, Blue Yeti, Mod MIc, you name it. They all are the same crap. And I've been generally displeased with all of them. They don't sound that great and offer very little options if you end up with a USB Mic. If you're going to spend money on a mic, save up and get something nice like a AT2020 and a Mixer, I personally use a 402VLZ4 with Onyx Preamp. 

Just my 2 cents, I stream and all that good stuff and this received by far the most praise.

16 hours ago, LemDog said:

I've gotta say I have owned nearly every Mic people typically recommend, Blue Snowball, Blue Yeti, Mod MIc, you name it. They all are the same crap. And I've been generally displeased with all of them. They don't sound that great and offer very little options if you end up with a USB Mic. If you're going to spend money on a mic, save up and get something nice like a AT2020 and a Mixer, I personally use a 402VLZ4 with Onyx Preamp. 

Just my 2 cents, I stream and all that good stuff and this received by far the most praise.

But thats like extreme i only said i want it for gaming though im not even going live streaming or anything i just want people to hear me better tbh

Well my point was, if you're not getting something nice its really all the same. Look at something like this https://www.vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/index.htm

Use it to turn up your volume for games because you're not really upgrading at all going to anything like that. Its going to be nearly indistinguishable.

This is what I use. Audio Technica AT2020 USB+. Amazing mic, got it for $100 used. 

Tech Youtuber, Filmmaker, and Cinematographer.

On 12/8/2017 at 5:09 PM, charbel1011 said:

Whats a good microphone for gaming?

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-ECMCS3-Omnidirectional-Stereo-Microphone/dp/B0058MJX4O/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1512928464&sr=8-4&keywords=clip+microphone

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001R76D42/ref=psdc_11974651_t3_B0058MJX4O

You could buy one of these. Don't quote me though, I don't have any experience with them.

Crimson Panda

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/g6T8QV

AKG K712 PRO

OL DAC
Magni 3

On 12/8/2017 at 4:09 PM, charbel1011 said:

Whats a good microphone for gaming?

Snowball has been good to me and is a good option if you arent super worried about quality, as long as its a reasonable distance away it will sound fine. I would suggest a boom arm and pop filter if possible theyre pretty cheap on amazon and clean up the desk a lot.