Floatplane buffering and stuttering (UK)

I've tried a support ticket, and while I wholeheartedly recommend Floatplane, I have some buffering issues especially today in the UK. 

I usually get some stuttering, but today i'm having to pause the video every 30 seconds or so. 

I know the guys are working very hard on the platform, but I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this? 

Note: Not my internet connection. On BT business broadband, and for where i'm at, it's vital to have a decent, stable internet connection (my boss gives BT a right earful and fuckery whenever it drops, which is extremely rare) 

32 minutes ago, GrandFatMan said:

I've tried a support ticket, and while I wholeheartedly recommend Floatplane, I have some buffering issues especially today in the UK. 

I usually get some stuttering, but today i'm having to pause the video every 30 seconds or so. 

I know the guys are working very hard on the platform, but I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this? 

Note: Not my internet connection. On BT business broadband, and for where i'm at, it's vital to have a decent, stable internet connection (my boss gives BT a right earful and fuckery whenever it drops, which is extremely rare) 

I've never really had a ton of buffering on FPC. if anything, I experience less buffering than YouTube.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I've not had any problems today, if anything, the videos are loading faster than usual. Maybe I'm sucking up all the bandwidth xD

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

I can confirm. Streaming buffers on at least 2 videos. Few sec loading at the start and then longer at 30-45s mark.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Feel free to delete that comment mods, not sure how it goes here with the content on the video. 

2 minutes ago, GrandFatMan said:

Just so everyone knows i'm not "jerking around" 

https://youtu.be/agEzv1Ag-n4

Mine is playing completely smooth. No buffering or anything.

From your video it looks as though the buffer bar is still plenty ahead of the playback bar to maintain smooth playback. Are you sure it's not a problem with your PC?

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

1 minute ago, yolosnail said:

Mine is playing completely smooth. No buffering or anything.

From your video it looks as though the buffer bar is still plenty ahead of the playback bar to maintain smooth playback. Are you sure it's not a problem with your PC?

Never usually have a problem, at least not like this bad. 

2 minutes ago, GrandFatMan said:

Never usually have a problem, at least not like this bad. 

The only problem I've ever had with playback was a few weeks ago when there was that problem with the servers. Even playing over 4G I don't get any buffering

Laptop:

Spoiler

PC:

Spoiler

Mac:

Spoiler

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

6 hours ago, GrandFatMan said:

I know it's not the best solution, but an alternative option is to download the videos for offline viewing later, or even just right away, since you'd be playing directly from a local file on your computer instead. This would eliminate buffering 100%, unless your hard drive is a potato, and give you the freedom to watch the video on devices that don't properly support HTML5 video streaming.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

I've had this many times. Make sure to report in in the bugs section of floatplane.

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I reported a similar thing here in Australia maybe a month or two ago.
Its still completely awful, even factoring in my connection being the very definition of 'Australian'.

Wasn't there some talk of this not being a thing like it was with Vessel? 

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

this what happens when you fail to deploy media on rtsp:\ but instead use http:\ 

note i learned this with windows media players network connetions settings screen(rtsp and http are choices with filliable boxes)

rtsp=real time streaming protocol

http=hyper text transport protocol

On 11/28/2017 at 6:23 AM, bcguru9384 said:

this what happens when you fail to deploy media on rtsp:\ but instead use http:\ 

note i learned this with windows media players network connetions settings screen(rtsp and http are choices with filliable boxes)

rtsp=real time streaming protocol

http=hyper text transport protocol

Hey! 

RTSP is actually an old protocol, and not many websites are using this for VOD anymore. It's easier to scale HLS or DASH that runs over HTTP. There are also other reasons for using HTTP over RTSP like Adaptive bitrate and Native support with many browsers. Our infrastructure can stream using RTSP but we chose not to use it since it didn't align with the way we wanted to distribute our content.