Cinebench Crashing

Hi everyone, 

I attempted to do a mild overclock on my Ryzen 7 1700. I went into the bios and changed the RAM to the correct speeds (D.O.C.P., changing it from 2133 mhz to 2933 mhz, closer to the advertised 3000) and changed the setting to performance from stock. That overclocked the CPU to 3.65 ghz (I'm running the stock wraith spire cooler). I went in and ran Cinebench and it worked perfectly fine. 

Then later I decided to use the EZ tuning wizard, which didn't change the settings much. I tried it setting it as a box cooler and a tower cooler, and running cinebench caused a crash both times, despite temperatures never exceeding 70 degrees. 

So I went in and restored full default settings, with no ram tweaking and the bios in normal mode. Went back in and cinebench worked fine. 

So then I decided to go back to my original tweaks; D.O.C.P. ram and performance mode in the bios. This was perfectly stable before I did the EZ tuning wizard, but now it's causing cinebench to crash. I monitored temperatures through all tests and it never came close to being dangerously hot. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? 

System:

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 with stock cooler

ASUS Prime X-370 Pro

16 gb GSkill Rip Jaws (2*8) 3000 mhz

EVGA GTX 970

Antec 900 v2

Don't remember exact PSU model, but it's an antec with over 600 watts so that shouldn't be an issue. 

Uninstall asus crap, then try again.

7 hours ago, Almostbauws said:

Uninstall asus crap, then try again.

You mean like restore the bios to a previous version? I don't have any ASUS software on my pc, just the bios. 

Dont use any preloaded auto oc crap. Clear CMOS and OC it yourself

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

Cinebench crashing is telling you the OC is not stable. Much better to overclock in bios then with any software. I would uninstall any software and put your settings back in bios then run an Aida64 Stability test for a few hours. This will tell you if you have a stable overclock.

Current System: MoonLightRyzen

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700x @ 3.9ghz  Board: Asus ROG C6H  Ram: G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 3000mhz  Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 OC in SLI M.2: Samsung 960 Evo 250gb SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512gb x2 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB and 2TB

PSU: Corsair RM850x White  Cooler: XSPC/Phanteks Custom Loop 

Backup System: RedDragonV3.0

FX-8350 @ 4.7ghz, Asus TUF Sabertooth 990fx r3.0, MSI GTX 1060 6gb Gaming X, Crucial Balistix Tracer 32gb, M.2 Samsung 960 Evo 250,

Seagate Firecudda 2tb, Seagate Barracuda 2tb, NZXT S340 Elite White, Kraken X62, Corsair RM750x, Hue+