Reinstalling Windows on Bootcamp Mac need help/clarifications

Reiidar
Go to solution Solved by captain_to_fire,

I think it will automatically format the bootcamp partition into NTFS. You can try this one from 9to5 Mac. 

My windows 8 is very unresponsive, I decided for a fresh reinstall of windows 8 after backing up my files there. However it seems that bootcamp cannot detect the windows OS anymore. Disk utilities show the partition normaly. I am currently downloading the Windows 10 ISO file required for bootcamp.

1. What do I do with the partition (the original windows 8 OS), all the files I need are already backed up and I don't mind losing the files there now.

2. Should I then format the partition (in that case what format? FAT?) or should I just delete the partition entirely?

Delete the Windows 8 partition and you can’t format a bootcamp partition to FAT32 because Windows 10 won’t boot on it. Boot it to NTFS. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

8 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Delete the Windows 8 partition and you can’t format a bootcamp partition to FAT32 because Windows 10 won’t boot on it. Boot it to NTFS. 

the format bootcamp (NTFS) that would be during the bootcamp installation process? or I would have do it before starting bootcamp? Because that's not an option in the disk utilities when I try to make a partition.

Would the steps be:

1. Get a flashdrive with windows ISO

2. Remove windows 8 partition.

3. Start bootcamp.

May I know the more detailed process of the bootcamp installation? (I already searched online but I also want to hear it from someone else)

I think it will automatically format the bootcamp partition into NTFS. You can try this one from 9to5 Mac. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 hour ago, hey_yo_ said:

Thanks dude. What I actually did to backup was making a new partition with my OSX in FAT32 then moving windows file there. I can't move it to an extenal HDD cause a malware caused my mouse to not click on anything. Thus I cannot backup through exteral HDD.