Best Graphics Card for "Thinkcentre M91p Mini Tower "

Hello guys I own the think centre m91p mini tower. Now I want to buy the "Gigabyte gtx 1060 3gb mini" and before you ask. Neither the PSU and size will be an issue since I replaced the PSU to a 380 watt unit and card size I mentioned is already a mini version. The only thing that's bothering me is will the bios support this card !? I shall be very thankful to every one who helps me with this. For more idea I'll attach an image of my pc interior. And take a note of my current setup. 

Quadro FX 3800 1GB (108 Watt Single slot card) + 6 pin

I5 2400

20171008_201557.jpg

That's a crap PSU. It won't provide 380W, instead the two +12V rails only provide not more than 330W when combined. Probably uses old circuit design (+3.3V has the majority A) and only 'maxed' rated. Sounds terrible.

I would say a 1050TI LP

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Wow that PSU is really weak on the 12V rails. Throw it in the bin and get something usable. You're lucky enough to have the option to use a standard ATX PSU, so don't cheap out on it.

These pre-UEFI systems can have problems with newer GPUs. Make sure you have the latest BIOS version installed before you try using a modern GPU.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1. get a new PSU, this one will blow up if you put a 1060 on it. 

2. i would get a 1050. maybe a 1050ti. a 1060 will get bottlenecked for sure. 

3. what games are you playing? stuff like overwatch runs on 1080p max settings on a 1050. 

She/Her

20 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Its not the BIOS that worries me but that PSU though..

Just because it has enough watt that doesnt mean it will be fine.

Cause there are a lot of factors that determine a good psu.

Voltage regualtion,Safety standard,efficienty,the caps and what not

and 1060 is a bit overkill something like 1050 ti would suit u.

About the BIOS i dont know the answer but u can ask CS for that or just googled it ;) 

Here's pick a psu from tier 4 or above.

Point noted. Look actually this is a temporary power supply because someone is arranging me a 450 watt corsair unit. And considering the comments down here. I'll go with a 1050ti so I don't face any bottleneck. My intention is to play all games but I have room for comprises since my budget is low. What do you think with an i5 2400 and 1050ti , Quantum break 720p high settings ? How will it work.?

4 minutes ago, StarboyXO said:

450 watt corsair unit

Which one? If it's VS450 then avoid it too

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

3 minutes ago, ZM Fong said:

Which one? If it's VS450 then avoid it too

Why man. 

3 minutes ago, StarboyXO said:

Why man. 

Bad build quality

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

It should work but cause i dont have the similar setup i cant tell u the exact fps u will get..

Instead i can tell u this..your cpu while its not the best its still enough to play modern AAA title and with 1050 ti i'd say u can play most games at high in 720p, 1080p even and get a playable framerate.

So should I buy the 1060 3gb mini card? I mean what does a bottleneck even mean? It fluctuates the frame rate terribly or just a little low performance than a usual 1060?

1 minute ago, ZM Fong said:

Bad build quality

I'll keep an eye on that too than. 

23 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

1. get a new PSU, this one will blow up if you put a 1060 on it. 

2. i would get a 1050. maybe a 1050ti. a 1060 will get bottlenecked for sure. 

3. what games are you playing? stuff like overwatch runs on 1080p max settings on a 1050. 

All games. Maybe I'll avoid the bottleneck and get the 1050ti but tell me something! Should I wait for the black Friday sale !?

9 hours ago, L.Lawliet said:

There will always be a bottleneck on every system but if it wont dramatically impact your performance or at least bothers u then u dont have to worry about it.

But in this case ur cpu wont be able to fully utilize the power from your 1060 hence why 1050 ti is more appropriate.

Also the 3GB version of 1060 is a bit of a bummer cuz it wont be enough for modern games if u use high-ultra settings especially with settings that use a lot of vram like texture,shadow,anti aliasing,draw distance,environment quality (foliage,land and whatnot) at 1080p.

Ok point noted . I will go with a mini 1050ti then. But about the power supply. I might be getting the Corsair VS 450 and someone was saying it is bad quality. Will it be some what better than my current one? And also considering I'm now choosing a low power consumption card and I don't even do any kind of over clocking. What do you say. 

9 hours ago, StarboyXO said:

I'll keep an eye on that too than. 

Listen man. Maybe I might be getting the VS 450 and that's my only option over the current one right now. What if I'm choosing a 1050ti now. And I also don't do any over clocking. So, What do you think.