How do I install Linux on a new secondary SSD if I haven't yet installed Windows on my main SSD and I don't have a disc drive?

DSprite

Install Linux distro of your choice onto the drive..   use https://rufus.akeo.ie/ to write it to a USB Drive. or ETCHER. 

then you can boot to that... if you install Windows on another Driver you'll have to either choose which drive to boot to from the Boot Menu, or tweak the MBR on the drives for Dual Boot.

or you could just install Windows, partition the drive and then install Linux... or run it via a VM

Are you sure it's a good idea to run Linux if you don't quite know how a bootable usb works? Legit question.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

On 11/10/2017 at 7:05 AM, NelizMastr said:

Are you sure it's a good idea to run Linux if you don't quite know how a bootable usb works? Legit question.

I'm going to be honest here, it really isn't.

But you have to start somewhere.

I know a thing or two about Linux, but when I started out even without good knowledge of operating systems & PC hardware it gave me a hard time.
May I know @DSprite, the reason if this switch to Linux? And what Distro of flavor you'll use?

My recommendations : 

Arch customizable, fast, awesome, but requires good knowledge of Linux, not great for first timers.
If anything start with Linux Mint.

You could also try Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB.

When the reason for the switch is tracking or slow performance, this version basically is Windows 7 with the Windows 10 improvements without the bulls***. (No Windows store, XBOX app, tacking ,etc)

What @presence06 said is also good to remember, Rufus is in my humble opinion one of the best USB booting tools :

On 11/3/2017 at 12:48 PM, presence06 said:

Install Linux distro of your choice onto the drive..   use https://rufus.akeo.ie/ 

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

• 2 weeks later...

I like to use YUMI program and just browse the ISO and it does all the work putting it on the USB. If you dont have access to anther computer use a rooted phone than Drive Droid can boot ISO via the phone and usb cable.