good PWM fan curve for fractal design s36?

This AIO has it's fans and pump on the same controller and you're supposed to control all of them with the same fan curve.

I don't like that, so I think I'm going to move it's fans to a fan controller on the 2nd CPU fan header mostly because I want the computer to detect the pump failing if that ever happens.

after I do that though, 

what's a good fan curve for a pump?

I'm used to just setting them at a fixed speed like 80%.

and if I were to leave all of the fans on the fan controller on the AIO,

is it okay to have the pump speed scale all the way down with the fans at low temps or should I be working within a tighter range?

I think that if you are running off a CPU fan header it is best to run at a constant fan speed of 50%

Normally, the CPU fan will swing RPMs from low to high as needed when it detects a temperature change in the chip.
Fans are built to take this kind of changing load, and they provide less resistance anyway.
Pumps on the other hand, should always keep circulation going. The liquid you're pushing doesn't make it any easier either.

1 minute ago, jam1nb3n said:

I think that if you are running off a CPU fan header it is best to run at a constant fan speed of 50%

Normally, the CPU fan will swing RPMs from low to high as needed when it detects a temperature change in the chip.
Fans are built to take this kind of changing load, and they provide less resistance anyway.
Pumps on the other hand, should always keep circulation going. The liquid you're pushing doesn't make it any easier either.

It's weird though.

This AIO is like it's designed to have a variable pump speed.

Why would they do that?

I agree with you. A fixed pump speed makes a lot more sense.

Just now, jam1nb3n said:

the flow speed doesn't change the cooling too much either, just the time until cooling equillibrium

Yes, I've heard that before.

I'm just more concerned about making sure I don't wear out the pump quickly more than anything.

shoot, I just realized that my 4 pin fan extensions aren't going to reach the 2nd fan controller without taking the whole thing apart since I hid the fan cables for the fans behind the screws that hold the fans down.

Maybe I'll just reduce my max fan speed to like 75%-80% on the curve because these are nf-f12s on there so they don't need to be going 100%.

The AIO is designed to use a variable fan speed based on the CPU temps anyways so I'm sure it can't hurt anything.

I don't like the idea that if my pump dies I won't know though.

you could try frankensteining a molex cable to a 3 pin to get a constant voltage directly from the PSU without worrying about pump speeds as they have the same voltages anyway.

28 minutes ago, jam1nb3n said:

you could try frankensteining a molex cable to a 3 pin to get a constant voltage directly from the PSU without worrying about pump speeds as they have the same voltages anyway.

Nah, that would cause it to run at 100% speed. 

I think I'll just adjust that curve, test my overclock again for temperature increases, and order some more 4 pin cables for later.